4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Best suspension for a 99 gt

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2011, 10:42 PM
Repzard
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by uberstang1
What are your goals for the car? Untill I know that I'm gonna vote for a leaf spring conversion.
Old 12-25-2011, 11:47 PM
jboss302

Whenever i hit a bump no matter how small it is its intense when i hit it i dont think it should be as bad as it is im looking for something 400 and under if possible
Old 12-26-2011, 09:47 AM
TRUEBLUE3934
4th Gear Member

Periods are free, but you have to buy vowels.
I'm just kidding. However, it is MUCH easier to read a thread with punctuation.

I would look into a set of Koni STR-T shocks/struts. They will help a lot if your shocks are getting worn out.
Old 12-28-2011, 11:29 AM
UPRSharad
Former Sponsor

With a 12 year old car, it's entirely possible that if you're experiencing any harshness or banging around when you're hitting bumps, it could be from suspension parts that are simply worn out.

Control arm bushings, strut mount bushings, etc... if these parts are worn out, the car can be a real handful over the rough stuff. My first recommendation would be to inspect the car very well to assess which parts need to be replaced. Then as you go through and replace the worn parts, I'd upgrade those them, rather than simply utilizing factory replacement parts.

We carry a full line of high quality suspension components for your '99 Mustang at www.uprproducts.com.

Since you said you might go to "the track" occasionally, I'll assume that you mean the dragstrip rather than a roadcourse. If that's the case, Strange 10-way adjustable struts and shocks make a nice street/strip setup. We carry those at UPR Products as well.
Old 12-28-2011, 02:19 PM
uberstang1
Chupacabra

Sharad I'm gonna be ordering 10 ways of you guys soon , can u throw in some free UPR shirts?
Old 12-30-2011, 01:10 AM
jboss302

I wil look into that for sure. I think your right and its just old i want to replace everything but i don't know much about suspension about what i need to buy and all that. Basically i just want to glide down the road
Old 12-30-2011, 07:27 AM
Jazzer The Cat
Retired Moderator

The Official Suspension Guide

Jazzer
Old 12-31-2011, 01:28 PM
UPRSharad
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by uberstang1
Sharad I'm gonna be ordering 10 ways of you guys soon , can u throw in some free UPR shirts?
Absolutely! Drop me a PM before you place your order and I'll make sure we get you some free shirts.

Originally Posted by jboss302
I wil look into that for sure. I think your right and its just old i want to replace everything but i don't know much about suspension about what i need to buy and all that. Basically i just want to glide down the road
It's a fairly common scenario. As you go through and upgrade parts that are worn out, you'll gain a lot of knowledge while improving your car's ride. It's a win win situation.

And Jazzer's guide that he just posted is a useful resource for a person like you that is in the gathering data stage. Of course, you should still feel free to ask us any questions you have. Many of us are happy to help!
Old 12-31-2011, 01:50 PM
Jazzer The Cat
Retired Moderator

As long as you don't say we ALL are willing to help

Jazzer has made a new years resolution not to be helpful any more
Old 01-02-2012, 05:34 AM
uberstang1
Chupacabra

Originally Posted by UPRSharad
Absolutely! Drop me a PM before you place your order and I'll make sure we get you some free shirts.

It's a fairly common scenario. As you go through and upgrade parts that are worn out, you'll gain a lot of knowledge while improving your car's ride. It's a win win situation.

And Jazzer's guide that he just posted is a useful resource for a person like you that is in the gathering data stage. Of course, you should still feel free to ask us any questions you have. Many of us are happy to help!
Should be ordering in a few weeks, I def will. Thanks Sharad.

Quick Reply: Best suspension for a 99 gt