Married SCT tuner question - Page 3 - MustangForums.com


4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-14-2012, 09:29 PM   #21  
trexflyer
1st Gear Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Nevada
Posts: 115
Default

Might as well ask here instead of a new thread. If I ordered a new tuner from AM or another dealer, would I get a custom tune for mods already on my car or just a generic one for my yr?
trexflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 09:37 PM   #22  
stevednmc
3rd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 812
Default

When you buy from AM they will send you an email asking for the mods you have on your car. They will then write the tunes and email them to you.
stevednmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 11:52 PM   #23  
trexflyer
1st Gear Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Nevada
Posts: 115
Default

Thanks. Think I'll go ahead and order a new tuner in a week or 2, seems to be the easiest way to go for future needs.
trexflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 07:17 AM   #24  
piledriver
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: sc
Posts: 451
Default

Before I had her Supercharged, my first mods were 373's and a SCT handheld unit. In my opinion, hand held tuners are almost useless for HP gains, I didn't even notice anything. The only thing I feel I got out of mine was the ability to calibrate my speedo after the gears went in. After almost all my bolt ons were done, I had her dynotuned right before installation of the Supercharger, I was @ 279rwhp, and thats with Magnaflow X pipe, catback, 75mm throttle body, C&L intake, etc. etc. I gained exactly 13hp with my handheld. Supercharged, I went from 279 to 437 rwhp, I know that is a huge gain, 158 hp, but it's the truth, why lie? I went from a best of 13.8 to a one time only 11.94. I only dipped into the 11's once, but I can run 12.3 - 12.6 all day long, almost without even trying, you know, trying half assed.
piledriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 12:04 PM   #25  
stevednmc
3rd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 812
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by piledriver View Post
Before I had her Supercharged, my first mods were 373's and a SCT handheld unit. In my opinion, hand held tuners are almost useless for HP gains, I didn't even notice anything. The only thing I feel I got out of mine was the ability to calibrate my speedo after the gears went in. After almost all my bolt ons were done, I had her dynotuned right before installation of the Supercharger, I was @ 279rwhp, and thats with Magnaflow X pipe, catback, 75mm throttle body, C&L intake, etc. etc. I gained exactly 13hp with my handheld. Supercharged, I went from 279 to 437 rwhp, I know that is a huge gain, 158 hp, but it's the truth, why lie? I went from a best of 13.8 to a one time only 11.94. I only dipped into the 11's once, but I can run 12.3 - 12.6 all day long, almost without even trying, you know, trying half assed.
What you say is true, no doubt. Want big power..F/I is the way to go. I cant afford it personally right now...myself. That wasnt the question here though. What supercharger do you have piledriver? I REALLY want to go F/I....one day..doing the research ahead of time, waaaaaaaay ahead of time!
stevednmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 12:11 PM   #26  
piledriver
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: sc
Posts: 451
Default

a Paxton 2000 centri.
piledriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 12:17 PM   #27  
stevednmc
3rd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 812
Default

You ran into the 11's with a vert?! Thats awesome. Are you still 2V? I see in your sig you have the Cobra SB and crank.
stevednmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 04:34 AM   #28  
piledriver
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: sc
Posts: 451
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevednmc View Post
You ran into the 11's with a vert?! Thats awesome. Are you still 2V? I see in your sig you have the Cobra SB and crank.
Yes sir, and yes still 2V. They aren't that much heavier than a coupe, around 130lbs? maybe a little more. A full tank of gas weighs more than that. I thought I was done modding, but lately I am thinking about going 4V. Then I am DONE!!! The wife hated it when I was spending 1000's of $$'s a year getting her to where she is now!
piledriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 07:35 AM   #29  
luke1333
2nd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 419
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by piledriver View Post
Yes sir, and yes still 2V. They aren't that much heavier than a coupe, around 130lbs? maybe a little more. A full tank of gas weighs more than that. I thought I was done modding, but lately I am thinking about going 4V. Then I am DONE!!! The wife hated it when I was spending 1000's of $$'s a year getting her to where she is now!
sick man i got a 2002 gt conv bone stock and i mean bone stock lol but i was going to trade in for a 5.0 in a couple years but thought about just keeping this one since it would be paid off and drop a kenne bell on it but that paxton sounds pretty nice too! needs some work though before i would slap a supercharger on there! dont want to drop 40k on a new 5.0 conv lol
luke1333 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How to get good HP out of a 4.6 without spending big bucks. Luke9222 4.6L General Discussion 19 10-22-2015 11:55 PM
Tuner/air intake dealer service question 04stangman 2005-2014 Mustangs 4 09-17-2015 01:45 PM
Automatic tuner recommendations nboost 5.0L GT S550 Tech 7 09-16-2015 05:35 AM
New 5.0 carb build bogs at hit of throttle Daddys Girls GTs 5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang 3 09-14-2015 08:46 PM
2005-2009 Mustang Gt Paxton Supercharger Tuner Kit (New) ernesto-619 Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion 0 09-10-2015 01:32 AM


Tags
02s, bama, car, determine, junk, married, rear, sct, tuner, tunes, unlock, unmarrie, unmarried, unmarry, whats

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump

Advertising
Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:41 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.