4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

1996 Mustang GT Evap. Canister Vacuum Hose Routing

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2012, 10:56 PM
hyundaitech

Default 1996 Mustang GT Evap. Canister Vacuum Hose Routing

I have a 96 gt, the evap canister is located in the passenger front wheel housing, and theres a vacum line ran up by the abs module/radiator just below the air filter. I was wondering where does it connect to from there bc its not connected on my car and I cant find out where it goes. Any detailed information will help or pics. thanks
Old 01-14-2012, 10:39 AM
uberstang1
Chupacabra

The line goes from the canster into the engine bay in the back passenger side below the a/c canister, its connected in to a cyliner type solenoid, then goes to a sensor, then the hose connects to the plenum/intake, the hose is black with a red stripe.
Old 01-15-2012, 02:12 PM
hyundaitech

i've got that line hooked up, but theres another one that comes from the canister and runs towards the front of the car and comes through the engine bay in front of the engine, and thats where it stops on mine, the previous owner un hooked it, and now it sets a DTC for evap no flow, bc its not hooked up. i cant find anywhere on the engine it hooks to, is its supposed to connect to the factory breather, bc my car has a cold air intake.
Old 01-15-2012, 03:46 PM
uberstang1
Chupacabra

Originally Posted by hyundaitech
i've got that line hooked up, but theres another one that comes from the canister and runs towards the front of the car and comes through the engine bay in front of the engine, and thats where it stops on mine, the previous owner un hooked it, and now it sets a DTC for evap no flow, bc its not hooked up. i cant find anywhere on the engine it hooks to, is its supposed to connect to the factory breather, bc my car has a cold air intake.
Nope the other hoses should run back to the gas tank.
Old 01-16-2012, 04:23 PM
hyundaitech

Im gonna take some pics of it and post them, the one for the gas tank is hooked and the other one that goes under the ac drier is hooked up aswell, but theres another hard plastic line that runs up the passenger inner fender well towards the front of the car and comes out just infront of the engine and thats where it stops on my car cause the idiot previous owner thought it would be fine to take some short cuts on it. he had so many things rigged on this car im surprised it even cranked.
Old 01-19-2012, 10:31 PM
hyundaitech

how do u post pics?
Old 01-20-2012, 02:10 AM
caaraa
2nd Gear Member

Thanks for this post guys I was going through the same thing
Old 01-20-2012, 11:35 AM
uberstang1
Chupacabra

Theres a how to on posting pics in he new member area of the forum.
Old 01-20-2012, 10:58 PM
hyundaitech

ill try to get some better pics, but heres some for now, in the top pic u can see where the hose runs into the engine bay and then stops, i need to find out where its suppose to connect to. the bottom pic. is of the canister and the hose coming out of it.

Old 10-13-2015, 12:26 PM
drummasterj85

did you ever figure out where this line goes to? I've been trying to find the same thing and have had no luck. This is the last thing to hook up on my complete engine overhaul! lol

Quick Reply: 1996 Mustang GT Evap. Canister Vacuum Hose Routing