4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Stang plans help plz

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2012, 11:01 PM
Candyman_GT

Default Stang plans help plz

So I've been a long time stang fan, and I'm finally getting one. It's a 1999 Mustang GT and my big plan is to eventually pop a Kenne Bell 2.6 on it. However that's going to take a lot of saving and on the way I'd like to knock out a couple of mods that once its time will compliment the Kenne Bell the most. Obviously CAI and exhaust but what CAI will actually put my intake in the fender? Will it fit stock and then onto the SC? Should I do true dual exhaust or is that even legal in Cali? Should I get a new crank along side the pistons and rods? What will I need to do to the rest of my drive train so it won't twist. I will probably buy the 9 pound inter-cooled kit and save up again for the internals and then I wanna take it to 23 pounds. I'm pretty sure it's not cleared for Cali to run 23 pounds but I plan to get a tuner and have custom tunes loaded to it for both 9psi (the one I know is smog legal here) and 23 psi. Also does anyone know how far I can tune the timing up to on 87 Octane? Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me out.
Old 01-21-2012, 12:43 PM
boduke0220
6th Gear Member

The car already has true duals, I wouldn't waste my money on an intake. If your planning for mods like that build the rear, trans and like you already mentioned the motor. You could run 9psi ad be good for a while but it wouldn't last forever
Old 01-21-2012, 01:06 PM
Mustang_NTriangle
5th Gear Member

What is your overall personal goal for your car besides KB? Drag car, weekend warrior, daily driver?

I would put money into the suspension such as lowering it H&R springs, lower control arms, full length subframe connectors, tires, and brakes. A nice set of 3.73s gears would be nice as well paired with your KB. If you are shooting for 500 rwhp or more I would opt for 3.55 gearing.

Then when you add your blower you will have a well balanced vehicle.

Certainly, rearend would be nice but it is not necessary, as stock ones are very stout depending on what you do with your car.
Old 01-21-2012, 01:08 PM
Candyman_GT

Mk that makes sense, so what all needs to be done to the trans to let it handle say 700 horses and should I just swap in a 9 bolt rear? Also I thought true dual ment no linkage between to the 2 exhaust pipes, don't these come with an H pipe? Also can the drive shaft handle all that torque or should I up that too?
Old 01-21-2012, 01:15 PM
Candyman_GT

It'll be a daily driver, I'd like it carve corners more than go fast in a straight line, the flip side of that is I may wanna look into a drift set up, but then again with that much power that's probably just a tire swap away.
Old 01-22-2012, 04:52 PM
98mustangkidd
1st Gear Member

A 700 hp daily driver? I'd just rethink all that in the first place brah, but it looks like your not really all that sure on what you want the car for, you went from daily driver to drift car. You can def make it carve corners with some suspension like said before, I'd look at jazzer the cats posts on here to see what and what not to get. To make a drift car you'd have to do a lot more than just a tire swap, your better off getting a WRX if you wanna go that route, with the power you want to put down. if your planning on dragging the car then most likely you'd end up beefing up the rear end to actually put the power down. You really have to know what your going to do with the car before you start buying parts that won't get you what you really want.
Old 01-22-2012, 10:53 PM
Candyman_GT

Well my actual plan is to have both tunes (9psi and 23psi) and run the 9 most of the time and switch to the 23psi for special occasions like going to the track or every now again when I feel like showin off. So most of the time it'll probably be in the 4-500 range once its strong enough. I think I'd more like to make the car carve corners than take it drift, just because a speeding ticket is a speeding ticket a drifting ticket is a trip to jail. (The only road it would really be possible to not get pulled over for it here is a death sentence if you **** up) Even if I do build a corner carver though low speed drift stuff would still work well. I mean with as much torque as the KB would kick me I'll be learning how NOT to drift the thing. So look to jazzer for suspension info duly noted. Thanks for the suggestion.