4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

new purchase. need answers.

Old 02-02-2012, 11:09 PM
phoenixfriend84
1st Gear Member

Default new purchase. need answers.

Just bought this car for a steal. http://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/cto/2780868993.html
runs absolutely incredible. AC works no airbags deployment just surface damage. Looking at it do you guys think its missing much? I know I need fenders and a bumper cover and headlights. This car runs lime a champ at 120k. 30mph rolling punch in 1st yields sideways action. It has traction control. Sorry for the link best I can do from my phone get real pics up later. Used to be owned by the local pd
Old 02-03-2012, 03:25 PM
phoenixfriend84
1st Gear Member

OK so ill be buying a new PC or laptop this week. Ill get some pics up soon. Got the headlight housings today and am getting the brackets tonight. Fenders and front bumper cover and the underpinning stuff next week. Should be drivable tonight.
Old 02-04-2012, 08:52 AM
phoenixfriend84
1st Gear Member

OK so there is an ABS light on and the traction control wont turn on. I'm all for spirited driving but everytime I catch second it gets loose. Also how expesiclve is it to replace a synchronized? Third grinds a bit every time I go in so I just go straight to 4th. I know I'm a noob on this site but all help is appreciated.
Old 02-04-2012, 11:21 AM
Rokgtar
2nd Gear Member

Just curious, did you pay what they were asking for the car?
Old 02-04-2012, 02:42 PM
phoenixfriend84
1st Gear Member

No I didn't. However it is as the ad says. Not that bad. Just surface damage. I've already got everything to fix it.
Old 02-05-2012, 10:54 AM
phoenixfriend84
1st Gear Member

Wow. I'm actually surprised I've only had one response and nothing helpful. Seems you guys would more willing to help a new mustang enthusiast keep a mustang alive.
Old 02-05-2012, 11:42 AM
1998Slow 'Stang
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by phoenixfriend84
Wow. I'm actually surprised I've only had one response and nothing helpful. Seems you guys would more willing to help a new mustang enthusiast keep a mustang alive.
First off the ad has been deleted, so anyone who hasn't seen it yet (including myself) won't see it.

Second, it's an 01; yes its a mustang but any value added past what it will sell for is strictly personal value. My point being it's not a rare car.

Third, ABS light and traction control problems can be a real PITA to troubeshoot.

All that aside, conrats on the purchase...good luck, and I hope you know what you're in for.
Old 02-05-2012, 03:15 PM
02WhiteGTVert
3rd Gear Member

Possibly a broken ABS sensor (Maybe caused during the collision?) T/C will not function if the ABS isn't.

Until you post pics we don't know what needs to be done to the car, we can't respond with any super helpful!
Old 02-06-2012, 01:22 PM
phoenixfriend84
1st Gear Member

Sorry was unaware the ad had been deleted. I have a pic of the mustang as my avatar and profile price for you viewing pleasure. I'm finding small things wrong with it as I'm now driving it daily. Motor mount alignment exguast leaks and the fuel cap light is on small stuff mostly. It does grind third so I just skip it. Would it be better to rebuild the transmission or just replace the third gear synchro?
Old 02-08-2012, 05:40 PM
phoenixfriend84
1st Gear Member

I'm pretty sure I've everything I need to get this front end back together. Except the fender underpinning and maybe some kind of styrofoam that mast go between the bumper and bumper cover? I was able to wire in the pigtails for both blinkers/marker lights and passenger side headlight. I'm putting the fenders and bumper cover one when I get back home from my boys wrestling practice.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: new purchase. need answers.