4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

JDaniel...question for you

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2005, 02:35 AM
jdaniel
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: JDaniel...question for you

ORIGINAL: Obselite

Well, obviously me wanting side exhaust is strictly for the "awe factor." Very few people have it around here (only cars are 2 roush clones), so it would stick out a little more, and I like the look of side exhaust. Do you think the differences will be large enough as to where I will regret my decision? Also, can you run a side exhaust with lt headers and a shorty x pipe?

For some reason I am thinking there may be a conflict, maybe i'm crazy lol.

I dont think it will be anything you will notice. Ive heard stories that you cant run it with LT headers. I would call and ask. I dont see why they wouldnt make a kit to work with the LT header.
Old 09-16-2005, 05:23 PM
Obselite
3rd Gear Member

Yeah I'll give steeda a car before I decide which ones to get. First I need to get a car lol.

Anyways: In reply to the exhaust being U-Bent...is that how it works? I thought it just bent like 70-80 degrees and then popped out the side. Am I wrong?

Thanks J
Old 09-16-2005, 05:42 PM
Black Snake
5th Gear Member

Would heads be considered a "bolt on"?
Old 09-16-2005, 05:46 PM
MikeHawke
Retired MF Moderator

ORIGINAL: DuckyGt

ORIGINAL: Obselite

Well, obviously me wanting side exhaust is strictly for the "awe factor." Very few people have it around here (only cars are 2 roush clones), so it would stick out a little more, and I like the look of side exhaust. Do you think the differences will be large enough as to where I will regret my decision? Also, can you run a side exhaust with lt headers and a shorty x pipe?

For some reason I am thinking there may be a conflict, maybe i'm crazy lol.
i dont think that will be a problem, i am under the impression that even with side exhaust the exhaust tubing will go to the back axle and pull a u turn to have it come out the side i dont think the path of the exhaust is any shorter if anything maybe longer because of having to come back towards the front of the car to go out the sides. correct me if im wrong guys
you are right. All the side exhaust kits i have ever seen, with the exception of some vettes and chrysler E-cars all went back and did a U turn back out the sides.
Old 09-16-2005, 08:53 PM
Obselite
3rd Gear Member

Heads are not typically considered a bolt-on. However, I personally would consider them a bolt on, one of the more expensive and difficult bolt ons...but nonetheless.

Anyways..i'll have to contact steeda to figure anything else out I guess.

Thanks for all your help guys
Old 09-16-2005, 09:13 PM
jdaniel
I ♥ Acer

My opinion on what is referred to as a bolt-on is anything you can put on the car without getting it tuned by a programmer or a dyno. Some people dont see it that way.

Sorry I couldnt help with the exhaust question. Let me know what the answer is when you find out so I wont be in the dark next time.
Old 09-16-2005, 09:29 PM
Silver4.6
3rd Gear Member

My full bolt on 03 gt was trapping at 107mph. i was full bold on minus long tubes. but I did have stage 2 cams. I had stock suspension minus lowering springs and cheap upper/lower control arms. I ended only running it 2 times and both were 13.3 runs. I know the car obv had more, but I just didnt have time to make more runs. This was also on non drag radial tires and 18x9 and 18x10.5in rims.
Old 09-16-2005, 09:35 PM
jdaniel
I ♥ Acer

I remember you. Didnt you sell your car for a Lightning?
Old 09-16-2005, 10:27 PM
Silver4.6
3rd Gear Member

yea I did get a lightning, which ended up making 400rwhp and 500lbs of torque, it was fastttt. It sure was boring though, my little brother took over payments on it, and I got my old car back, it just sat at the dealer I traded it to for the winter. It doesnt have much left on it, I sold the stuff when I traded it in. All I have now is the cams, u/d pullies, chip, gears, spings, and u/l ca's which are absolutly toast right now. I'm enlisting in oct. and am getting between 15-20k bonus cash soo, I'm gonna buy some stuff next spring, then hopefully it will be quick
Old 09-16-2005, 11:44 PM
jdaniel
I ♥ Acer

Thats cool. Good luck with the Army. Ive been there and done that and you will need all the luck you can get.