4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

JDaniel...question for you

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2005, 08:07 PM
Obselite
3rd Gear Member

Default JDaniel...question for you

From what everyone else says, you had the quickest bolt on GT around. I just have some questions regarding your mods and what order you would suggest doing them in.

What were your times, hp, tq, anything else.

I want to have a really good n/a car once I get another stang...just trying to figure out what I should get besides the obvious (LT headers, TB, Plenum, intake, o/r mid pipe and catback).

thanks a lot!
Old 09-14-2005, 08:11 PM
rbstang
6th Gear Member

Default RE: JDaniel...question for you

Yea i ran out of bolt on ideas i need more easy stuff. I got a question too What was your best bolt on money you paid, horsepower?
Old 09-14-2005, 08:16 PM
IWinULose
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: rbstang

Yea i ran out of bolt on ideas i need more easy stuff. I got a question too What was your best bolt on money you paid, horsepower?
Not to hijack the thread, but what is everyone's opinion of a full bolt on car? The only motor bolt on I can think of that I don't have is UDPs..
Old 09-14-2005, 08:28 PM
Obselite
3rd Gear Member

well, technically speaking any install would be a bolt on to some extent. However, I think most of the people on here have the idea that if it does nto include tearing the engine down at all, it is a "bolt on." That is how I think as well.

I want to know his exact mods, because he had some awesome times from waht I hear. I plan to get p&p heads with some good cams though anyways...so i wont stay all bolt on for long.
Old 09-14-2005, 09:07 PM
00GT00
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Obselite

well, technically speaking any install would be a bolt on to some extent. However, I think most of the people on here have the idea that if it does nto include tearing the engine down at all, it is a "bolt on." That is how I think as well.

I want to know his exact mods, because he had some awesome times from waht I hear. I plan to get p&p heads with some good cams though anyways...so i wont stay all bolt on for long.

What kind of HP numbers are you looking for?

What 1/4 mile times do you wanna run?
Old 09-14-2005, 11:27 PM
jdaniel
I ♥ Acer

Well... my opinion on first mods are kinda in between gears (4.10's or 4.30's) and tires OR full exhaust and UD pulleys. When I got my first mods done, it was LT headers, UD pulleys and timing adjuster, and a short throw shifter. I got into the car and it felt like it was a beast unleashed. THEN a month or two later I bought the 4.10's from MDValdosta and had them installed and words cant describe how they felt.

My best times in the quarter was 13.02 and 13.07, both with 1.89 short times. I know the car would have been in the 12's very easily with better tires, but it still took everything I had to launch the car on Nitto DRs and not roast the tires. When I went to Seguin in San An, I pulled a 1.84 short time in my GT on BFG's but had a HORRIBLE head wind and could only pull a 13.2?. I was really pissed. I was launchng at 5000 rpms and not spinning at all.

Here is a list of all the stuff I did to the car before I was rearended.

70mm Mac TB
85mm ProM MAM
Densecharger CAI
Steeda UD pulleys
Mac Ceramic Coated LT headers
Bassani O/R X pipe
Magnaflow Weld-in mufflers
Magnaflow 3.5” exhaust tips
Ported and Polished stock plenum
SCT Chip

H&R 1.5” progressive rate lowering springs
Monroe Sensatrac Fox body rear shocks
Blue Oval upper and lower control arms
FMS 4.10 gears
11” upgraded Ford racing clutch
Nitto 555R Drag Radials

Pro 5.0 Short throw shifter
Fan on/off switch
Mach 1 Grill Delete kit
Mach 1 Chin spoiler
Old 09-15-2005, 01:06 AM
Blk_96_GT
2nd Gear Member

about your 11" clutch, how much was it and where did you get if from? and do they make it in a 8 bolt patern? i need a fly wheel for my 5.4 and its 8 bold my 4.6 is a 6 bolt so i was thinking about the 11" if they make it in 8 bolt, i think they do.
Old 09-15-2005, 01:22 AM
00GT00
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jdaniel

Blue Oval upper and lower control arms
FMS 4.10 gears
11” upgraded Ford racing clutch
Nitto 555R Drag Radials
That is it for suspension?[&:] No subframes, K-member, etc.?

Thumbs Up!
Old 09-15-2005, 02:13 AM
FiveOhNo
3rd Gear Member

did those mac headers have a weird dent or two in them to clear the k-member? i just bought my 96' from a friend who put them in and i was taking them out because they leaked all the time, and i noticed the dents. i was going to sell them on ebay or something, but not if those dents aren't supposed to be there.
Old 09-15-2005, 07:31 AM
IWinULose
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jdaniel

Well... my opinion on first mods are kinda in between gears (4.10's or 4.30's) and tires OR full exhaust and UD pulleys. When I got my first mods done, it was LT headers, UD pulleys and timing adjuster, and a short throw shifter. I got into the car and it felt like it was a beast unleashed. THEN a month or two later I bought the 4.10's from MDValdosta and had them installed and words cant describe how they felt.

My best times in the quarter was 13.02 and 13.07, both with 1.89 short times. I know the car would have been in the 12's very easily with better tires, but it still took everything I had to launch the car on Nitto DRs and not roast the tires. When I went to Seguin in San An, I pulled a 1.84 short time in my GT on BFG's but had a HORRIBLE head wind and could only pull a 13.2?. I was really pissed. I was launchng at 5000 rpms and not spinning at all.

Here is a list of all the stuff I did to the car before I was rearended.

70mm Mac TB
85mm ProM MAM
Densecharger CAI
Steeda UD pulleys
Mac Ceramic Coated LT headers
Bassani O/R X pipe
Magnaflow Weld-in mufflers
Magnaflow 3.5” exhaust tips
Ported and Polished stock plenum
SCT Chip