MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-1996-2004-modular-mustang-7/)
-   -   SRT8? (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-1996-2004-modular-mustang/665867-srt8.html)

ky gt 03-03-2012 10:36 AM

SRT8?

My 02 GT has been in storage for the last 3years, i have the teksid block ready for forged internals and tf heads and turbo or supercharger. My dilema is i've been driving my friends SRT8 Charger for the last month while he is in school, the power is amazing. Continue with mustang build or jump ship to SRT8.

boduke0220 03-03-2012 11:24 AM

Well the turbo mustang would absolutely bend the charger over and spank it no questions asked, but the charger is so much more refined and comfortable so I guess it depends on which you want

piledriver 03-03-2012 11:24 AM

Look at my Sig., I have beaten ALL SRT8's that I have come across.... maybe 4-5. I don't road race; this has been them just screwing around with me. I have NEVER started a confrontation with them, it's always those guys. Their only ace is they have a top speed quiet a bit higher than a Mustang; but who realy goes there? Lets face it; stock or MOST bolt on 'Stangs are slow compared to what's out there now, so even with my car looking the way it does, for some reason they think they have a Viper or something. I heard from some gals that almost all guys with SRt 8's have extremely small penises. Keep your Mustang; you don't want one of those 4000lb.+ Behemoths parked in your garage, do you??

99GTvert 03-03-2012 11:44 AM

On new SRT8's there is trouble with trying to tune the computer for mods but older ones might not have that issue...however I've heard the cost for things like exhaust is much more expensive than for our cars. Not as big of an aftermarket as the mustang, which means fewer competitors and higher prices...but having said that, those SRT8 cars are badass. Can you deal with the fuel economy on it? Gas prices look to be ****ty again soon. How about insurance?

Originally Posted by piledriver (Post 7862385)
Look at my Sig., I have beaten ALL SRT8's that I have come across.... maybe 4-5. I don't road race; this has been them just screwing around with me. I have NEVER started a confrontation with them, it's always those guys. Their only ace is they have a top speed quiet a bit higher than a Mustang; but who realy goes there? Lets face it; stock or MOST bolt on 'Stangs are slow compared to what's out there now, so even with my car looking the way it does, for some reason they think they have a Viper or something. I heard from some gals that almost all guys with SRt 8's have extremely small penises. Keep your Mustang; you don't want one of those 4000lb.+ Behemoths parked in your garage, do you??

lol

Mustang_NTriangle 03-03-2012 01:17 PM

SRT-8 much to heavy of a vehicle. A simple supercharged 2v with 370-400 rwhp would spank one. I would go with a turbo build. After your build, I hope u have another car for a daily driver though. If not, I would consider SRT-8 or something else.

Have you driven the new 5.0?

kugzgt 03-03-2012 01:22 PM

srt-8's are for pp touchers.

ky gt 03-03-2012 07:32 PM

It will not be a daily driver. Kenne Bell or Hellion? Lean towards the KB.

TRUEBLUE3934 03-03-2012 07:35 PM

As mentioned above, it depends on what you value in your car. If bang for the buck (straight line performance) is number one, you can build a faster Mustang with the extra money you would spend to get into the SRT-8.

The motor platform of the SRT-8 is way better than the 2V Mustang. Not a Mopar, but my buddy's G8GT (also a better motor platform) with 8.5lbs boost, cam and headers runs 11.5 all day long on his street tires (not DRs). That is a 4050lb car that drives like a dream. With better tires and a little better gearing, it is an 11.0 car that drives like a stock G8GT. The motor in the SRT-8 has a ton of potential for mods down the road. You could beat up on a bunch of young guys who refuse to think that a 4050lb grocery getter could whip them ;)

A comfortable sedan that can actually carry 4 grown adults, yet tear up a little pavement when needed would be nice.

school boy 03-04-2012 09:21 AM

all these ppl hatin on srt8's, lol! i think your scard my srt8 wagon will eat you in the corners!
all jokes aside, srt8's are a great out of the box daily driver who likes a spirited drive. very, and i mean very nice, comfy interior. close ratio 6 speed tranny, 14 inch rotors with 6 piston brembo brakes. and who can argue with 425hhp/425tq at flywheel. get the right driver behind the wheel, its going to take more than a bolt on gt to get them in a line. in the corners, that irs and mopar suspesion is very nice. i got about 35,000 miles i put on my srt and love driving it. a lot of ppl dress their v6 and rt cars to look like srt8s. easy way to tell the difference, look for the red brembo calipers. most ppl dont make that swap

Soldier GT 03-04-2012 04:24 PM

Rob (purpleicedgt) and I were talking about the Charger SRT-8 about two weeks ago. I like them. They look mean as he** and with a few dollars can be made to run with the best of them. Saw one the other day and man that thing sounded and looked like a beast!