4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Engine Factory Engine

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2012, 01:02 PM
JimK

Default Engine Factory Engine

I have a 1996 Ford Mustang GT with a 4.6L SOHC EFI engine. I am looking to beef up the engine in this car. I recently received some info from the Engine Factory. Although they advertised this engine for model years 1999 to 2004, I asked them if this engine would work in y Mustang. They said yes. Here is the email sent to me and I would like to get Mustang Forums opinions on this engine and what it would take to put in my car.

Begin Email ---------

Engine Factory does provide a complete engine for the ’99-04 Mustang, less the wiring harness, computer and sensors. No Pulleys.

The engine will come complete from the Throttle body,
Intake plenum, injectors down to the oil pan. The details and pricing below is for the SOHC 4.6.

All forged components, Upgraded camshaft and valvetrain components.

This is an awesome setup. This will develop 400+ HP Naturally
aspirated. A significant Gain from the Factory engine. It’s an expensive laundry list of parts.

- 2 V MACHINED IRON Block
- Forged Steel Stroker (3.55 Stroke) Crankshaft
- Manley H Beam Connecting Rods
- PROBE Forged Pistons (2618 high strength material)
- HD Molybdenum Steel Piston Rings
- ARP Main and Head Bolts
- MLS Gaskets
- FM Main and Rod Bearings
- New TRICK FLOW CNC Cylinder heads with Stainless Steel Valves and
Springs
- STAGE II Comp Cams Billet CAMS
- Canton Road Racing Oil Pan with Trap Doors
- Timing Cover, Valve Covers and Balancer
- Billet Trigger Wheel
- HO Oil Pump w/Pick Up Tube, Billet Oil Pump Gears
- GASKET SET
- Dowels, Pins, Rear Cover and oil seal
- TRICK FLOW INTAKE MANIFOLD AND MATCHING 75MM
THROTTLE BODY
- 36 LBS INJECTORS

$12,995.00
Old 03-04-2012, 01:07 PM
EddyG
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by JimK
I have a 1996 Ford Mustang GT with a 4.6L SOHC EFI engine. I am looking to beef up the engine in this car. I recently received some info from the Engine Factory. Although they advertised this engine for model years 1999 to 2004, I asked them if this engine would work in y Mustang. They said yes. Here is the email sent to me and I would like to get Mustang Forums opinions on this engine and what it would take to put in my car.

Begin Email ---------

Engine Factory does provide a complete engine for the ’99-04 Mustang, less the wiring harness, computer and sensors. No Pulleys.

The engine will come complete from the Throttle body,
Intake plenum, injectors down to the oil pan. The details and pricing below is for the SOHC 4.6.

All forged components, Upgraded camshaft and valvetrain components.

This is an awesome setup. This will develop 400+ HP Naturally
aspirated. A significant Gain from the Factory engine. It’s an expensive laundry list of parts.

- 2 V MACHINED IRON Block
- Forged Steel Stroker (3.55 Stroke) Crankshaft
- Manley H Beam Connecting Rods
- PROBE Forged Pistons (2618 high strength material)
- HD Molybdenum Steel Piston Rings
- ARP Main and Head Bolts
- MLS Gaskets
- FM Main and Rod Bearings
- New TRICK FLOW CNC Cylinder heads with Stainless Steel Valves and
Springs
- STAGE II Comp Cams Billet CAMS
- Canton Road Racing Oil Pan with Trap Doors
- Timing Cover, Valve Covers and Balancer
- Billet Trigger Wheel
- HO Oil Pump w/Pick Up Tube, Billet Oil Pump Gears
- GASKET SET
- Dowels, Pins, Rear Cover and oil seal
- TRICK FLOW INTAKE MANIFOLD AND MATCHING 75MM
THROTTLE BODY
- 36 LBS INJECTORS

$12,995.00
If you want to go a cheaper way do a PI swap with trick flow heads and comp stage 2 cams and intake from an 04gt for around 3000-4000. And you will be making close to 350 to the wheels with a tune. Also you can get a vortech also for around 2000-3000 which will make your whole project around 5000-6000 dollars and make somewhere between 400-550hp depending on what lbs on boost u want to run. That would be a lot cheaper way and be more powerful.
Old 03-04-2012, 01:11 PM
JimK

Thanks EddyG. With the Vortech, this would be a bolt on to my existing engine ... right? This engine already has 195,000 miles. What would I need to do or where can I go read to know what to do to ready my engine for this Vortech unit?
Old 03-04-2012, 01:16 PM
luke1333
2nd Gear Member

i agree with eddyg on the vortech but yeah with those miles i dont know man how it would be. also if i was spending $12,995 on an engine i would want a new coyote engine! i know it wouldnt be built like this one but would be one hell of a beast in a new edge!! and tons of advancements and room for improvement in that engine!!
Old 03-04-2012, 01:31 PM
JimK

I just looked at the Vortech website and the HO version of their supercharger is $5000. I just cannot see how I could bolt that SC onto this engine with the miles it has now. I will keep researching.

My goal is to get the RWHP to around 400.

Thanks.
Old 03-04-2012, 01:34 PM
JimK

Originally Posted by luke1333
i agree with eddyg on the vortech but yeah with those miles i dont know man how it would be. also if i was spending $12,995 on an engine i would want a new coyote engine! i know it wouldnt be built like this one but would be one hell of a beast in a new edge!! and tons of advancements and room for improvement in that engine!!
Coyote engine? Point me please! Where can I find info on this?
Old 03-04-2012, 01:46 PM
JimK

luke1333,

Is this what you mean?

http://www.americanmuscle.com/coyote-crate-engine.html

This will meet my 400 RWHP goal but will this engine work in my '96 GT?
Old 03-04-2012, 02:31 PM
luke1333
2nd Gear Member

yup thats it man and sorry i wasnt more specific. and i believe there is a kit with everything to bolt up out there and i believe it bolts up to your trans too if you have a 5 spd manual. its a nice engine with lots of technology in it. if you want to know exactly how and if it bolts into the 96 gt i aint got a clue lol ive seen threads about a guy that dropped one into his 01 bullitt so it cant be much different that those.
Old 03-04-2012, 02:33 PM
luke1333
2nd Gear Member

here is one being installed in a 94 cobra. got to believe about the same as a 96

http://realperformancemustangs.com/s...ing-the-dream/
Old 03-04-2012, 03:06 PM
JimK

here is one being installed in a 94 cobra. got to believe about the same as a 96

http://realperformancemustangs.com/s...ing-the-dream/
luke1333,

Thanks for the read! That was really informative. This will definitely help with my engine swap project.

Quick Reply: Engine Factory Engine