4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

N/A vs. F/I

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2012, 12:29 PM
B2norma

Default N/A vs. F/I

I'm still new to the forums and need some help with this topic. I'm confused about why some people stay N/A. Is there any advantages that N/A has over F/I? I don't see how there could be but like I said I'm still new. Also how much horsepower can you get from the 4.6 when staying N/A?
Old 03-09-2012, 12:41 PM
uberstang1
Chupacabra

Depends what kind of motor were talking about.
Old 03-09-2012, 01:18 PM
MCxQubed
5th Gear Member

some people would rather spend 100-400 dollar bursts on bolt ons. Rather than 2 grand at once on a supercharger. Then you have to worry about getting it on, and getting tuned, plus in some cases your risking reliability.

But i think money is the big issue for some people, tbh im in college as a full time student, i worked full time all summer last year and was able to buy my supercharger, all the supporting mods, and pay a shop to install it and tune it. So it can be done, in another thread i mentioned i bought all the parts i needed in a 3-4 month span.
Old 03-09-2012, 01:21 PM
B2norma

Originally Posted by uberstang1
Depends what kind of motor were talking about.
4.6L 2v SOHC
Old 03-09-2012, 01:23 PM
Rockwell28
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by B2norma
I'm still new to the forums and need some help with this topic. I'm confused about why some people stay N/A. Is there any advantages that N/A has over F/I? I don't see how there could be but like I said I'm still new. Also how much horsepower can you get from the 4.6 when staying N/A?
on a 2v its many ppls opinion that staying n/a will cost Alot more in th longrun vs going with a blower trying to get decent numbers n/a. read over these two links on th subjects. one na vs fi and th other is fi cost

http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums...ore-power.html

http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums...ower-cost.html
Old 03-09-2012, 01:25 PM
B2norma

Originally Posted by MCxQubed
some people would rather spend 100-400 dollar bursts on bolt ons. Rather than 2 grand at once on a supercharger. Then you have to worry about getting it on, and getting tuned, plus in some cases your risking reliability.

But i think money is the big issue for some people, tbh im in college as a full time student, i worked full time all summer last year and was able to buy my supercharger, all the supporting mods, and pay a shop to install it and tune it. So it can be done, in another thread i mentioned i bought all the parts i needed in a 3-4 month span.
Congrats on the buy. I'm also in collage and I know how hard it can be to spend all that money in one place. Just let me ask you one thing. After all that work and spending all your hard earned money on it. Was it worth it??
Old 03-09-2012, 01:26 PM
Rockwell28
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by B2norma
4.6L 2v SOHC
an arm and a leg trying to go na and get close to the numbers and possible numbers going fi with a 2v. Some ppl seem to like th "cool factor" i guess on trying th na route on th 2v. IMO the cost just takes all of that cool factor away knowing you could have gotten higher numbers and more room to grow with a blower.
Old 03-09-2012, 01:39 PM
B2norma

Originally Posted by Rockwell28
on a 2v its many ppls opinion that staying n/a will cost Alot more in th longrun vs going with a blower trying to get decent numbers n/a. read over these two links on th subjects. one na vs fi and th other is fi cost

http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums...ore-power.html

http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums...ower-cost.html
Thanks the links were alot of help.
Old 03-09-2012, 01:45 PM
Franchi
4th Gear Member

Lot depends on various factors. Blown engines will put out more power but cost more money.
Old 03-09-2012, 02:09 PM
Rockwell28
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Franchi
Lot depends on various factors. Blown engines will put out more power but cost more money.
Are you saying for example that a blower setup like a v1 s trim will cost quite a bit more than trick flow heads with decent cams,intake, and exhaust? I may be wrong but trying to go na on a 2v and get close to blower numbers na will cost quite a bit more

Quick Reply: N/A vs. F/I