4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Installed my CAI

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2005, 03:51 PM
dajawu
2nd Gear Member

Default Installed my CAI

I just finished putting in my CAI from tunableinduction.com. It wasn't to bad, although I did have some trouble getting everything in and lined up properly especially doing it by myself. The filter was hard to move around in the fender because it hits a couple of things but all and all it wasn't to bad. I had the negative unpluged so I hope my computer would pick up on it right away. After a quick ride it seems a bit difference but I won't be truley sure till I can run it around on a nice dry day.
Old 09-17-2005, 04:15 PM
4600cc
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Installed my CAI

I loved seeing that intake go into fender and that MAF sitting away from the filter. Could you snap us some pics of your install?
Old 09-17-2005, 06:21 PM
dajawu
2nd Gear Member

Sure no problem. Give me a few.
Old 09-18-2005, 12:26 PM
dajawu
2nd Gear Member

Hey I don't hear this whoosing sound so my question is how do I know I have everything on my CAI in correctly. How do I check for leaks between the connections? Should I spray something on the pipes and look for bubbles like checking a tire for a leak?

Old 09-18-2005, 02:48 PM
blueangelfightr
5th Gear Member

Make sure everything is tight. Other then that maybe that model doesn't do it?
Old 09-18-2005, 11:19 PM
dajawu
2nd Gear Member

Ok I check my CAI and it seems to be in just fine, so with my hood open I pulled on the throttle and heard a quick sucking sound like if you took a quick breath in with your lips slightly closed (go ahead try it). Is that what everyone is talking about? I just want to make sure this mod doesn't go to waste.
Old 09-19-2005, 12:02 AM
DreamKing
2nd Gear Member

Yeah, the Demolet intake doesn't really make any noise. Sometimes there's a slight whistle that comes from it... but it occurs randomly, and I'm not sure what causes it. Anyway, it's barely audible over my Stingers. But here's a pic of my engine bay after the install:

engine bay
Old 09-19-2005, 12:06 AM
02StanGT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: dajawu

Hey I don't hear this whoosing sound so my question is how do I know I have everything on my CAI in correctly. How do I check for leaks between the connections? Should I spray something on the pipes and look for bubbles like checking a tire for a leak?

You wouldn't see bubbles as it would be at a vacuum, not pressurized.
Old 09-19-2005, 12:22 AM
dajawu
2nd Gear Member

Well I think mine is set up just fine then. With my tunable I had a problem with the filter straight down because it kept hitting the piece of metal were the bumper attached, so the pipe that comes from the fender wall wasn't out far enough for the 'under hood L piece' to attach to. Also getting everything to fit together was a little tough as it all fits together pretty tight. And keeping those friggen hoses in for the sensors was fun, I got hose clamps but I never used them. I might throw them on the sensor hoses just to be sure. What would happen if one of those hoses came loose?
Old 09-20-2005, 04:41 PM
1999allen

Tighten the fastners with sockets, especially the one leads to throttle body. The tube diameter is larger than throttle body hole.
Tighten air filter fastners to the tube. I just installed it to my 1999 GT. The air filter is low....maybe It is not good idea to drive in rain?

How many think it is ok to drive in the rain? Oh And I did not notice any air sucking sound but did notice my supercharger(6lbs) got twice
louder. Is this sign of better air intake? is this a prrof of better than stock performance?

Overall I liked the kit, they could do better with instructions.....

Quick Reply: Installed my CAI