4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Pro Charger or KB

Old 04-07-2012, 03:51 PM
Rockwell28
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Gt04
Its funny you say people take it personal Rockwell, you tend to be the primary person with a centri to get defensive and try to bash on roots blowers any time a thread like this pops up.... Whether its cost heat or w/e..... some people don't give 2 ****s about cost as long as they're happy and it fits their style of driving.

And to all you people saying "oh heat soak" with a Kb take a look at the temp on this pic.

That's 4 hours of driving, city, highway 70-90 mph and twisties in the mountains in 80°..... Next time I will datalog it for you.... I know I had to turn my cel off after that drive due to t stat readings being to low.....
Where did I "bash" the pd blower. check this this isn't some points game or something if someone spends 5grand on a intercooled KB or 3 grand on an Vortech V1 it really makes no difference to me in life one bit and it doesnt benifit me or take away from me either route they go. But would I tell them an alternative form of FI/ yes i do. Something wrong with notifying someone of options that could actually save them well over a grand? If so in what world. And as far as your temp guage I didnt know that one can monitor their IAT by looking at the Coolant Temp gauge???!!!! I have no reason to bash either blower pimpin what another guy/gal does doesnt affect my life or pocket but it doesnt hurt them one bit to know that there are options out there and they can save well over $1000 by exploring their options. You can argue against that if you want to get it how ya live buddy it doesnt make a difference here im not building some "centri team' here.

To be sure I didn't "bash" pd blowers i just rechecked my postings through this whole thread and I didnt Bash pd blowers. I know this doesn't pertain to stangs but i had a 98 pontiac gtp coupe with a3.8 and factory pd blower on it. No complaints about the power of it at all. No reason for me to have anything against them. If they were close to the same price i would look into putting a pd blower on my heavier than my stang tbird!

Last edited by Rockwell28; 04-07-2012 at 04:02 PM.
Old 04-07-2012, 04:24 PM
97stanger
5th Gear Member

like stated it really just comes down to your style of driving. whoever is looking to buy...go for a ride in both different types. See which you like better and go that route. You are going to get all different feedback from all different members (as you can see). And then the turbo guy will come in and say that turbo's rule all. Thats just how it is. We all have blown v8 mustangs, lets just all agree that we have fun doing this
Old 04-07-2012, 04:43 PM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 97stanger
like stated it really just comes down to your style of driving. whoever is looking to buy...go for a ride in both different types. See which you like better and go that route. You are going to get all different feedback from all different members (as you can see). And then the turbo guy will come in and say that turbo's rule all. Thats just how it is. We all have blown v8 mustangs, lets just all agree that we have fun doing this
Yep!!!
Old 04-07-2012, 04:51 PM
uberstang1
Chupacabra

All you guys and ur FI are garbage, k20 vteccccccccc babbbbbbby.
Old 04-07-2012, 04:54 PM
LilRoush
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by uberstang1
I do say i love when PD blower fans bash prochargers for being self contained considering all the KBs and whipples are but its not a problem for those blowers.
Who is dumb enough to bash one of the nice features (being self contained)???

Originally Posted by 97stanger

Agreed - Build your car to suit yourself. Just don't do something based on wrong info.
Old 04-07-2012, 05:41 PM
Rockwell28
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Gt04
I loved my procharger When I had it just because it was self contained lol
To be clear my dude i dont have a problem with you or PD blowers at all. I was set on a KB blower myself and got a chance to ride in both different types. The off the line punch was clearly there moreso with the pd blower but when I was kinda dead set on it a few years ago I hardly knew anything about centri blowers one of the mechanics in my unit started talking to me about them. That , the cost, and the test drive is the reason I went the way i did. I wasn't Completely aware of my options at the time. So that was/is my goal is to make sure all of the options are on the table and then decide from there its not my goal to bash the pd blower cars. After taking a ride in one years back I dont have nothing but respect for either type. I haven't been in a turbo 2v yet though!
Old 04-07-2012, 09:29 PM
Hangwire
4th Gear Member

I see alot of these threads and I never have issue with anything until false information is put out there. I never have a problem with any of the opinion posts and I never contest those posts.

A procharger F1R is a very nice supercharger and is not designed to run on 2V 281 motors. That is way too much blower for a 281 and would never be an ideal or good setup so thats not a fair comparison at all. Thats like me topping that by going ohh wellllll uhhh I'll take a 3.6L LC Kenne Bell over a procharger F1R. No **** I would but anybody who plops a 3.6L LC KB or a Procharger F1R on a 2V 281 is in la-la land and has too much money and not enough brains.

I love the self contained aspect of prochargers and I dont think i've heard anybody bash that here. I like prochargers a lot. One of my favorite cars i've ever seen was a 67 Camaro with a GIGANTIC procharger. This car had exhaust dumped out of the front fenders and it blew the cones away at the drag strip while staging hahahaha.

Go Go supercharged mustangs.
Old 04-07-2012, 09:58 PM
Rockwell28
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Hangwire
I.

A procharger F1R is a very nice supercharger and is not designed to run on 2V 281 motors. That is way too much blower for a 281 and would never be an ideal or good setup so thats not a fair comparison at all. Thats like me topping that by going ohh wellllll uhhh I'll take a 3.6L LC Kenne Bell over a procharger F1R. No **** I would but anybody who plops a 3.6L LC KB or a Procharger F1R on a 2V 281 is in la-la land and has too much money and not enough brains.
The reason those vids were posted up is bc of this statement made by you "You think people throw whipples and KBs on their cobra for no reason?" and in the past you made a point similar to "you dont see any terminators putting centri's on their cars" so point taken and ummm point taken!!

On that same note since a "Whipple" was mentioned in this thread post #63 byt you. Are they made to go on 2v's? Not without a tork tech kits and modifications but Point taken!! A door was open so Somebody decided to walk through it when Terminators were brought up! Hopefully Everybody is past that now if not so be it! Ya digg?!
Old 04-08-2012, 11:34 AM
uberstang1
Chupacabra

Lets face it mustang owners are like harley owners, can't get along with each other, especially the ones with the sportsters.
Old 04-08-2012, 12:00 PM
Rockwell28
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by uberstang1
Lets face it mustang owners are like harley owners, can't get along with each other, especially the ones with the sportsters.