4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Pro Charger or KB

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2012, 07:38 AM
LilRoush
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 97stanger
I'll tell it to all 5 guys across the country that wants to hear it. Of course you can build a car to do whatever you want it to. Look at its platform, it was not intended for twisties. There are 5000 other cars before mustangs that were. End of story
You need to learn about racing before you open your mouth. I'm actually shocked you would say something like this. Mustangs are some of the original American made road course/ Grand AM cars.

Take an EDUCATED look at the platforum and you'll see why they do just fine in more than a 9 sec straight line.

Edit: Why is it that certain types of racers can't accept that it's ok there are more types of racing than just what they do?

Last edited by LilRoush; 04-07-2012 at 08:12 AM.
Old 04-07-2012, 08:23 AM
97stanger
5th Gear Member

Trust me I have all the props olin the world for guys who auto x, I'm just stating that there are way better platforms than trying to make a mustang into one...that's all. I live 20 mins from a 1/4 mile so that's every car I've builts intentions
Old 04-07-2012, 09:15 AM
Hangwire
4th Gear Member

I would say get back on topic. But then we get back to morons who know have no experience making really stupid comments about Kenne Bells like they fall off on the top end or the traction is just uncontrollable or that PD blowers don't have advantages over centri. You people really think people shell out extra cash on KBs just because they like wasting money? You think people throw whipples and KBs on their cobra for no reason? Its funny that I only ever hear negative comments about KBs from people who have never owned one and happen to own a centri or no supercharger at all. I'll bet if a 2.1L KB kit showed up on their doorstep one morning they would remove their centri, install the KB and then promote KB blowers until they're blue in the face.

OP If money is no object its completely worth getting a KB supercharger. However if you're on a modest budget you can't go wrong with a good centri kit. Centri cars are a lot of fun and unless you're really really serious about performance they will give you everything you need for a street car. I would avoid trying to go down this "$1500" kit road as it almost always leads to headaches, missing parts and ****ty used parts. If you're that strapped for cash you shouldnt get a supercharger at all, you really can't afford it right now. Just FYI theres always good used KB kits floating around on sale on diff mustang forums. They are really robust kits and unless they have been beat all to hell and back its perfectly fine to buy used. Just make sure you're getting all the major components and have the seller give you video proof that the supercharger unit itself is working fine. I bought my kit used and i've had it on my car since September 2010 with no probs.
Old 04-07-2012, 09:23 AM
uberstang1
Chupacabra

Ive driven plenty of PD blowers, and ultimatley i would take a procharger f1r over any PD blower.
Old 04-07-2012, 10:29 AM
Rockwell28
4th Gear Member

some guys with certain types of blowers on a couple of forums get take it very personal for some reason when centri guys step in. I knew it was a matter of time before the thread took that type of direction lol. anyway here is a thread to give a rough estimate of Blower cost on new and used different types http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums...ower-cost.html

Last edited by Rockwell28; 04-07-2012 at 10:51 AM.
Old 04-07-2012, 10:58 AM
Rockwell28
4th Gear Member

[QUOTE=Hangwire;7902597 You think people throw whipples and KBs on their cobra for no reason? Its funny that I only ever hear negative comments about KBs from people who have never owned one and happen to own a centri or no supercharger at all. .[/QUOTE]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyB-3oc78M0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhDDx...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EE64U...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bfy8f...eature=related
Old 04-07-2012, 01:57 PM
Mustang_NTriangle
5th Gear Member

Street car KB over centri as you have much more grunt down low. If you want a track car of a faster car then centri is a better choice because it more efficient blower meaning does not get as hot as a KB and pulles crazy in the higher rpms.

I just went for a ride in a KB car the other day it is crazy the power you make at 2500 rpms.
Old 04-07-2012, 03:30 PM
Gt04
4th Gear Member

Its funny you say people take it personal Rockwell, you tend to be the primary person with a centri to get defensive and try to bash on roots blowers any time a thread like this pops up.... Whether its cost heat or w/e..... some people don't give 2 ****s about cost as long as they're happy and it fits their style of driving.

And to all you people saying "oh heat soak" with a Kb take a look at the temp on this pic.

That's 4 hours of driving, city, highway 70-90 mph and twisties in the mountains in 80°..... Next time I will datalog it for you.... I know I had to turn my cel off after that drive due to t stat readings being to low.....
Old 04-07-2012, 03:31 PM
uberstang1
Chupacabra

I do say i love when PD blower fans bash prochargers for being self contained considering all the KBs and whipples are but its not a problem for those blowers.
Old 04-07-2012, 03:36 PM
Gt04
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by uberstang1
I do say i love when PD blower fans bash prochargers for being self contained considering all the KBs and whipples are but its not a problem for those blowers.
I loved my procharger When I had it just because it was self contained lol

Quick Reply: Pro Charger or KB