4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Just got a 2004 GT

Old 04-25-2012, 06:41 PM
65mechanic
2nd Gear Member

oh snap dude. that blows.... by the way. my car had a chewed up hood insulator as well. weird eh. let us know what happens with the car
Old 04-25-2012, 06:47 PM
tdcalhoun89
4th Gear Member

Ah man, that really sucks. Hope everything works out for ya...
Old 04-25-2012, 06:49 PM
disposablehero27
4th Gear Member

nice ride man
Old 04-25-2012, 08:39 PM
Hangwire
4th Gear Member

Ummmmm police, did you call them? Id be having Jorge deported the **** back to where he came from.
Old 04-25-2012, 08:55 PM
Photoshopeth

Originally Posted by Hangwire
Ummmmm police, did you call them? Id be having Jorge deported the **** back to where he came from.
Oh yeah definitely, that's one of the first things I did. Guy desperately tried to pay me off to not call the cops, lucky I had a friend with me to kinda back me up. A guy that works at autozone, a car behind him stopped as a witness and gave us his phone number and said he saw him hit us, but cops said he obviously hit me so a witness wasn't needed.

Almost laughably the guy was like lets go take it to walmart I'll get it fixed. My friend was like I work there, we don't fix body damage.

Cops said they can't arrest him because he has some kinda prescription. Guy was ticking me off in that he kept laying against my door poking his head in my car, telling me to not call the cops, saying you don't want trouble, I don't want trouble. I really thought I smelled alcohol on him, I told cops but I don't know if they did anything.

They impounded his car and gave him a ticket, but the phone number he has doesn't currently have minutes, they said I'd have to sue him. I'm taking it to a ford dealer first thing tomorrow.

Last edited by Photoshopeth; 04-25-2012 at 09:04 PM.
Old 04-26-2012, 09:24 PM
Photoshopeth

Well got the go-ahead from progressive to have it dropped off at a ford body shop. They said they're going to try and go after the guy, but they have no guarantees, he could skip town.

Problem is now my friend and me are starting to have neck pain. I'm so disappointed, I was supposed to be in my first car show with it this Saturday. Even though it's not my fault I keep thinking what if I had gone this way instead of that way or left a little sooner, this wouldn't have happened.
Old 04-27-2012, 08:24 AM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Photoshopeth
Well got the go-ahead from progressive to have it dropped off at a ford body shop. They said they're going to try and go after the guy, but they have no guarantees, he could skip town.

Problem is now my friend and me are starting to have neck pain. I'm so disappointed, I was supposed to be in my first car show with it this Saturday. Even though it's not my fault I keep thinking what if I had gone this way instead of that way or left a little sooner, this wouldn't have happened.
Things happen for a reason young man.. Just be glad you're ok and there will be many or more car shows you can attend... GL with your car!
Old 04-27-2012, 08:42 AM
Shampue
3rd Gear Member

Sucks doesn't it? Years ago I was putting my car away for the winter. On the way to the storage place I was hit head on by a drunk driver. At 5:30pm on a Sunday...

No insurance, suspended license. (him, not me)

If beating someone was legal.... I tell you what.
Old 04-27-2012, 08:44 PM
Hangwire
4th Gear Member

Wow absolutely unreal. "You dont want trouble"? Over reporting your dumbass that hit me? This is why I keep a freakin HK on tap. This guy coulda had a lot to lose and coulda tried something. You handled it perfect man believe it or not people stress out and do incredibly stupid things in these situations, even when things arent their fault.

Three months after getting my car this lady hit me in the exact same spot. She begged to keep it off insurance. I was like nope im calling the cops. She got pissed. My phone died on me when i tried to make the call. Walked over and tried to borrow her phone and refuses. Tries to act like shes calling some big shot with the sheriffs dpt. She wanted me to follow her to her workplace to exchange info bc she didnt want to be next to the highway. I pretty much had to agree to it with no phone. She tried to speed off in this eclipse i stayed right on her ***. I had to do 85 to pace her. Finally ended up chatting with her husband on the phone who was much more mature and straight up about it. She bought me catbacks and a bumper
Old 04-27-2012, 09:59 PM
02GTman
3rd Gear Member

Looks good man, nice find.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Just got a 2004 GT