MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-1996-2004-modular-mustang-7/)
-   -   Good Mods starting off for an '01 GT (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-1996-2004-modular-mustang/670840-good-mods-starting-off-for-an-01-gt.html)

01GT_EatinRice 04-27-2012 02:03 AM

Good Mods starting off for an '01 GT

I've already installed a Flowmaster 40 series Exhaust, and was given some advice as to what to add. I was told 3.73 Gears (or 4.10s depending on the amount of driving I do), then a Tune from Bama, CAI, Throttle Body, and was told to not get Under Drive Pullies. Any other mods for starting out that I should obtain? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also, it's an Automatic, and I was told that BBK Long Tube Headers don't fit well with the Auto.

JeremyB 04-27-2012 02:15 AM

if you are stuck on longtubes, MAC's fit with the auto, if not I would get shorties, the power difference won't be that much and it will be WAY easier to install, also an aftermarket mid pipe would be beneficial as well

another thing to consider would be some suspension stuff as well as brakes, just depends on what you want to do with the car for picking that out

01GT_EatinRice 04-27-2012 02:21 AM

I haven't heard much on MAC's, do you know anything good on SLP Short Tube, or Long Tube Headers? Also, I've already gotten approved for a loan to completely re-do suspension (Eibach), and Breaks (Brembo). I want to make it a nasty car. That's the only stuff I got for the loan, and doing installation myself with friends for free. So, that's not an issue. But, The other stuff will come with time, and some patience on my part. I just want to get gears, suspension, and headers done first (along with the tune). Give those Ponies an ass to run with, lol.

JeremyB 04-27-2012 02:33 AM

All longtubes are just about the same, maybe 1-2 hp difference between them, shorties will be a few hp short of longtubes, but longtubes are a nightmare to install, especially if you don't have access to a lift

01GT_EatinRice 04-27-2012 02:35 AM

I have access to a lift. Live 5 minutes away from Fort Lee, and the Auto Hobby shop there. Just don't know if it's worth the major jump in cost. You know?

Shampue 04-27-2012 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by 01GT_EatinRice (Post 7923480)
I've already gotten approved for a loan to completely re-do suspension (Eibach), and Breaks (Brembo). I want to make it a nasty car.

How much are you spending on those brakes? I'm not sure you need to invest a lot into the brakes. Jazzer has a great $350.00 brake upgrade How-To.

Are you going to be doing road-track racing?

Soldier GT 04-27-2012 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by 01GT_EatinRice (Post 7923473)
I've already installed a Flowmaster 40 series Exhaust, and was given some advice as to what to add. I was told 3.73 Gears (or 4.10s depending on the amount of driving I do), then a Tune from Bama, CAI, Throttle Body, and was told to not get Under Drive Pullies. Any other mods for starting out that I should obtain? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also, it's an Automatic, and I was told that BBK Long Tube Headers don't fit well with the Auto.

I would most def reccommend 410's. The mpg difference (trust me because I have had both) is not that much of a difference. Most guys on here will tell you that a CAI system is pretty much a waste of money as well as shorties. Are you planning on going with a S/C, turbor or N20? If you are, I would buy a good 75 MM TB, if not a 70 MM one will do you just fine. Any pics!

TEXASx2000xMUSTANGx 04-28-2012 11:48 AM

i have SLP longtubes and there amazing, if you wanna spend the money go with slp or kooks

jeh4269 04-28-2012 04:18 PM

I would go with Lt's and aftermarket midpipe.I'd choose 4.10's over 3.73's.Bigger TB and tune.Then I would work on suspension and brakes.Check out Jazzer I believe he has good write ups on both.If you truly want make it nasty you'll want go the FI route.

01GT_EatinRice 04-29-2012 08:35 PM

Yeah, I just ordered the 4.10's, and SLP Longtube Headers. In the next 2 weeks, I'm getting the CAI, Throttle Body, and a Tune. So, we'll see what happens. Thanks for all the requests. Also, to Soldier GT, it will have Forced Induction later (hopefully a 2.8L KB Super Charger), no Nitrous Oxide. But, the Forced Induction will come after I forge the internals properly.