2001 Mustang GT Automatic - BUILD HELP - MAKE IT FAST !!! - Page 2 - MustangForums.com

4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Old 05-01-2012, 04:53 PM   #11
MCxQubed
5th Gear Member

check out the pipes, boost, and juice section on the forum. theres a thread that stickied and its call '$1500 vortech build'. alot of people have done it before, including myself, and all got really good results compared to buying a new kit. Whats your budget?
MCxQubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 08:20 PM   #12
SXGT
5th Gear Member

idea I had that never is talked about around here. Take out passenger side fog light. make a tub or funnel (preferably fiber glass) go up to the port your snorkel fits into. Its not true ram air but it will be cold air from outside and better flowing. i did this with my 240SX with PVC pipe, didnt have to be to neat looking but I messed up on my design and i think water made its way into the intake some how.

also if you wanted to skip spending a lot of money on full bolt ons you could just spend money on a blower. you could go-

CAI
MAF
T/B - Plenum
pulleys
gears
exhaust

or just slap on 100hp via a blower. no intercooler needed. Ive seen S/C stangs with 55mm MAF and it seemed just fine to me but some people wont accept that. i'd rather do one big thing instead of a bunch of small stuff with CLAIMED horse power.

no matter which route you take, get 373 gears at least and expect worse MPG high way and maybe better city. Thats why some of those newer hybrids get better city than HWY, they have super short gears.
SXGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 09:18 PM   #13
MCxQubed
5th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SXGT View Post
idea I had that never is talked about around here. Take out passenger side fog light. make a tub or funnel (preferably fiber glass) go up to the port your snorkel fits into. Its not true ram air but it will be cold air from outside and better flowing. i did this with my 240SX with PVC pipe, didnt have to be to neat looking but I messed up on my design and i think water made its way into the intake some how.
this is the reason why i wouldnt do this
MCxQubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 01:09 AM   #14
WannaBeGearHead
Go Texas!!!

Stall, 4.10s, midpipe, tune and tires. That would make for a fun car that would surprise some people.
WannaBeGearHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 08:17 AM   #15
Lovin

Quick Daily Driver ! Over all i am using it to go everywhere.

I wanna build it for what it is and upgrade it from its stock form to muscle.
Lovin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 08:24 AM   #16
Lovin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCxQubed View Post
check out the pipes, boost, and juice section on the forum. theres a thread that stickied and its call '$1500 vortech build'. alot of people have done it before, including myself, and all got really good results compared to buying a new kit. Whats your budget?
Budget non i will be doing everything little by little 1K at a time.
Old 05-02-2012, 08:37 AM   #17
Lovin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SXGT View Post

also if you wanted to skip spending a lot of money on full bolt ons you could just spend money on a blower. you could go-

CAI
MAF
T/B - Plenum
pulleys
gears
exhaust

or just slap on 100hp via a blower. no intercooler needed. Ive seen S/C stangs with 55mm MAF and it seemed just fine to me but some people wont accept that. i'd rather do one big thing instead of a bunch of small stuff with CLAIMED horse power.

no matter which route you take, get 373 gears at least and expect worse MPG high way and maybe better city. Thats why some of those newer hybrids get better city than HWY, they have super short gears.
One of these im guessing ...

http://www.americanmuscle.com/procha...e2-9904gt.html

http://www.americanmuscle.com/procha...ut-9904gt.html