4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

hid headlight sugestions

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2012, 09:37 AM
whitestangergt

Default hid headlight sugestions

whats up guys. i been thinking about doing a hid conversion. the previous car owner put in the clear angel eye halos from americanmuscle.com (junk) there pretty tore up from whatever the heck he was doing with them. now onto the question, i dont have the budget to retrofit projectors, but i need new headlights but i dont know which ones work best with just a hid plug n play. so if any one knows of a good headlight/plug n play setup please let me know.
and i know ill get the (the beam wont be focused like a bmw) and im okay with that im not driving a beamer its a mustang lol
Old 05-19-2012, 10:22 AM
Luke13
2nd Gear Member

I'd like to see some feed back also. I'm in the same boat you are.

Don't get anything tinted if you plan on staying with the stock bulb style. I had smoked stock style headlights at first, couldnt see much at night. Put in a HID conversion kit off eBay with bi9007 bulbs. I could see a lot better, the quality wasn't great because it was cheap, but the glare was terrible for oncoming traffic. I haven't found too many aftermarket headlight housings I like that are cosmetically appealing, but maybe a quality HID kit with bulb caps (retrosolutions) in stock housings would be okay.
Old 05-19-2012, 11:09 AM
whitestangergt

yea i would think a clear lens would be better, and i seen a few of those bulb caps i thought they were just protective covers for shipping until i did a little more research on hid lighting. id probably go with stock lens and just get a kit with the bulb shades. i seen on another forum site some guy paid a retrofiter to make custom cobra hid's cost him 1,000 and i dont have that kinda money to throw around on lights lol

oh and im not worried about the glare to other ppl, i live in the south and the trucks around here **** me off when there on my *** with hid's blaring in all my mirrors. so the brighter they are the better hahaha
Old 05-19-2012, 11:53 AM
Luke13
2nd Gear Member

Haha, I know exactly what you're talking about. Most trucks around here are so lifted their fog lights are the ones that blind you.

The HID kit i put in was a cheap in off eBay like I said. It ran me about $60 for the full kit with Hi and Lo beam settings. Pretty basic install, just getting wires ran and tucked away is the hardest part. The only complain I have is that it would be stuck in the low beams sometime and make sure to have a really good connection to power or else they won't be fully bright. I'm trying to decide on the "right" way to go with my other mustang, I'm thinking a more expensive kit will perform better and the bulb caps reduce glare.
Old 05-19-2012, 01:08 PM
whitestangergt

man tell me about it, there suck d*cks i just love when i take off by one and i can barley hear his glasspacks over my flows.

but yea ill prolly just go the cheap route for now until i can save up for somthin well made. i just wanna change up the look of the front end my brake calips are blue along with the "mustang gt" bumper insert in the back, so i think some deep blue hid's would look sick on her at night