4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

new goodies !

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2012, 08:50 PM
SXGT
5th Gear Member

Default new goodies ! (INSTALL PICS)

these came in today and the FED EX guy sent it to the dentist office across the street. I just HAPPENED to have my tracker page open just as some stranger signed for it. I flagged him down when i saw him in the parking lot and got it all cleared up. he of course blamed the mix up on someone else.

also I put in a new radiator. I got some cheapy thing from Auto Zone, the damn thing is warped looking and feels like a good sneeze could break it in half. I should have bought something thicker i suppose but this one has a one time free replacement.

I had to make it fit. didnt fit like a glove at allll

also the water in the radiator was really murky but after i disconnected the wire pipes RED fluid came out. at first I thought I had cut my hands really bad and looked for cuts but I realized it was just concentrated rust so I bought a bottle of FLUSH to run through it. Any ideas or home remedies for a really good flush ?

Last edited by SXGT; 06-03-2012 at 11:58 PM.
Old 05-29-2012, 09:24 PM
Smokedaricer

Angry

I got those from eBay a while ago, i can tell you u just wasted your money, they feel HORRIBLE
Old 05-29-2012, 09:31 PM
SXGT
5th Gear Member

well. i have a nearly destroyed shock. are they rock hard? cause i cant imagine anything being more rock hard than what I have now. it feels like driving an f1 car on a gravel road.

Id rather have stiff instead of cushy because that makes me feel more stable in the turns.

edit: pics? also it was a simple bolt on install right?
Old 05-29-2012, 09:36 PM
96meangreengt
2nd Gear Member

also the water in the radiator was really murky but after i disconnected the wire pipes RED fluid came out. at first I thought I had cut my hands really bad and looked for cuts but I realized it was just concentrated rust so I bought a bottle of FLUSH to run through it. Any ideas or home remedies for a really good flush ?

^wire pipes? If your carr is an auto you have to hoses going into and out of your raditor with trans fluid, Red fluid.
Old 05-29-2012, 09:40 PM
SXGT
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 96meangreengt

^wire pipes? If your carr is an auto you have to hoses going into and out of your raditor with trans fluid, Red fluid.
****. i guess I need to get it refilled? I am not sure how much leaked out. just a splash I think. maybe 8oz ? I had no idea the tranny fluid went into the cooling system like that.

also whats the finned thing in front of the radiator? just a shield from debris?

Last edited by SXGT; 05-29-2012 at 09:44 PM.
Old 05-29-2012, 10:01 PM
ctgreddy
6th Gear Member

in your picture of the radiator, on the new one on the left side, there's 3 red caps. the 2 smaller caps are where trans lines go into. they dont go into the radiator, they just run along that one side and the coolant going thru the radiator is saposed to help cool the trans fluid. the two fluids dont mix. as far as a good flush, just fill it with water, run it for half an hour or so, drain, repeat, drain, then fill with coolant.

also the finny thing in frnot of the radiator, i believe you're talking about the a/c condensor. does it look like a mini radiator? if so then it's the condensor.
Old 05-29-2012, 10:02 PM
96meangreengt
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by SXGT
****. i guess I need to get it refilled? I am not sure how much leaked out. just a splash I think. maybe 8oz ? I had no idea the tranny fluid went into the cooling system like that.

also whats the finned thing in front of the radiator? just a shield from debris?
The finned thing in front of your radiator is your a/c condensor.

It probably didnt leak much out just check the dipstick with the car up to temp and running.
Old 05-29-2012, 10:02 PM
Smokedaricer

Originally Posted by SXGT
well. i have a nearly destroyed shock. are they rock hard? cause i cant imagine anything being more rock hard than what I have now. it feels like driving an f1 car on a gravel road.

Id rather have stiff instead of cushy because that makes me feel more stable in the turns.

edit: pics? also it was a simple bolt on install right?
Well, they r pretty stiff( rock hard for sure) , i can feel every single rock in the morning while im backing out from my garage....for the install, yep, rear usually take around 40 mins with basic hand tools, front will take little bit longer, but u should be done around 2 hours.
Old 05-29-2012, 10:40 PM
caaraa
2nd Gear Member

Just what I needed, thanks a lot.

Old 05-30-2012, 06:51 PM
SXGT
5th Gear Member

how do i add fluid on AUTO tranny!

Last edited by SXGT; 03-15-2013 at 12:15 AM.

Quick Reply: new goodies !