4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Mods for beginners...

Old 12-19-2015, 09:57 PM
Thunderball

Well this somewhat of a shame.. lol.. I just asked my fam for the BBK CAI for Xmas.. And now, it seems that they may be wasting their money. I thought I would get something worth my while out of it. :/

And my thoughts are to get 3.73 gears. And now being sought after the 4.10's.. And a tuner.. I feel I already need one since I have larger/wider tires now.. Feels like my speedo may be off a little... Or I could just be going crazy...
Old 03-11-2016, 04:47 PM
ckelly78z

Newbie here, I just got a 04 Mustang GT convertible (triple black) and already have some plans for it. My very first thing is to replace all the tires, there is currently 4 different brands (and ages) of tires in various states of worn out. Next thing will be 4 new drilled/slotted rotors and pads to match, car is currently grinding the brakes.

Next thing will be subframe connectors, and maybe a Steeda strut tower brace to stiffen things up. After that, I will look at a CAI, or possibly a stock airbox mod to get more air. I would like to get a Diablo Predator tuner to be able to keep up with all the new mods as they come (possibly 3.73 gears, larger TB and plenum, and some underdrive pulleys)

This car will be daily driver during good weather, with some trips to Summit motorsports park for 1/4 mile action, and possibly an autocross or two.
Old 03-11-2016, 06:23 PM
cliffyk
TECH SAVANT

Originally Posted by ckelly78z
Newbie here, I just got a 04 Mustang GT convertible (triple black) and already have some plans for it. My very first thing is to replace all the tires, there is currently 4 different brands (and ages) of tires in various states of worn out. Next thing will be 4 new drilled/slotted rotors and pads to match, car is currently grinding the brakes.
Read this first before buying drilled rotors. "and pads to match"? I have never seen "drilled/slotted" pads; where do you get those? But seriously get ceramic pads; nothing else.

Next thing will be subframe connectors, and maybe a Steeda strut tower brace to stiffen things up. After that, I will look at a CAI, or possibly a stock airbox mod to get more air.
The unmodified stock intake (which is a CAI) with a plain ol' paper filter will move all the air the engine needs--don't waste your money.

I would like to get a Diablo Predator tuner
Predator would not be my first choice.

to be able to keep up with all the new mods as they come (possibly 3.73 gears, larger TB and plenum, and some underdrive pulleys)
The stock upper plenum is the weak spot, any aftermarket plenum and a 70 mm TB is all that's needed.

This car will be daily driver during good weather, with some trips to Summit motorsports park for 1/4 mile action, and possibly an autocross or two.
Old 01-26-2017, 06:57 PM
Beast s197

Default Idle

How can I make my idle more intimidating when already have a off road h pipe and borla ataks ?
Old 01-26-2017, 06:59 PM
cliffyk
TECH SAVANT

Originally Posted by Beast s197
How can I make my idle more intimidating when already have a off road h pipe and borla ataks ?
Cams...
Old 11-01-2017, 07:24 PM
Acarter

I'm confused...does the x pipe vs the H pipe. someone said the gains weren't that much difference and the other person said they were" Stupendous".

Granted i had to google it but
stu·pen·dous
st(y)o͞oˈpendəs/
adjective
informal
  1. extremely impressive.
    "a stupendous display of technique"synonyms:amazing, astounding, astonishing, extraordinary, remarkable, phenomenal, staggering, breathtaking; More