MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-1996-2004-modular-mustang-7/)
-   -   PI intake Manifold on NPI heads (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-1996-2004-modular-mustang/674284-pi-intake-manifold-on-npi-heads.html)

Blackbelt 07-06-2012 06:22 AM

Booge... I did a bit of research.. and found that if the heads are fully assembled, that your are correct they are not too terribly difficult to install... Heck if I can set lashing on pushrods, and get 400 Big Block ram air 3 heads installed these should work too.. lol

I just have to find a good set of heads, and new intake (if my buddy gets that new intake)... should be a nice winter project for me here in Michigan.. lol

BlackMage 07-06-2012 09:52 AM

i never dynoed before and after to see if I gained anything. The reason I did it was for the upgraded coolant crossover and was hoping to do the PI head swap at some point, but a 4v went into the car instead. The PI head swap is super straight forward and easy to time. You only need the cam holding tools for the 4v motor, unless the cam gear was taken off the 2v cam.

MaxxRPM 09-23-2012 03:27 PM

I bought all the parts to do this swap and loved the results but.......................................
................I can't keep the dam thing from leaking......:mad:

MaxxRPM 09-23-2012 10:53 PM

I wish someone would make a "special" gasket that would keep the intake port diameters the same but put a extra loop in the coolant ports just for this application (I'd pay twice as much for it) because this intake REALLY wakes up an NPI motor (I have an auto but manually shifted it at 6K...........OMG!).
..............I am really not looking foward to putting on this stock Doorman replacement............:annoyed:

BlackMage 09-24-2012 07:13 AM

Originally Posted by MaxxRPM (Post 8056157)
I bought all the parts to do this swap and loved the results but.......................................
................I can't keep the dam thing from leaking......:mad:

Sorry to hear that man, I would pull the whole thing off and reapply the RTV and let it sit for a day or two and then set everything back together, double checking you got it where it needs to be. Good luck!

95mercxr7 12-04-2012 02:03 PM

hay black mage do you remember the part numbers so i can straight up and ask hay can you get me these frome the dealer.

95mercxr7 12-04-2012 02:07 PM

hay blackmage do you remember those part numbers of the parts you got to do the swap? i need a little help the one dealer i went to looked at me like i was talking a alien language

95mercxr7 12-04-2012 02:07 PM

sorry for the two posts my computer is acting like some kind of wiered

BlackMage 12-05-2012 06:34 AM

I dont think i wrote them down. you can see the part number for the coolant pipe. and if your dealer looked at you like you were crazy when you were asking for some simple parts, might want to look into a new dealer.

Jeffmotron 03-30-2013 03:22 PM

Just out of. Curiosity, has anyone ever heard of a non-pi intake being put on pi heads from factory? I have a 1999 gt, and it has developed a leak in the PLASTIC coolant crossover. Upon doing some quick internetting, I found that the all-plastic ones are a non PI item.

After some more internetting, I found a forum that described my heads as being PI heads, having square-ish intake ports, and 13 valve cover bolts. (Windsor?)

The Id # on my intake is xr3e-9424-dc.

Any help would be fantastic