4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

virgin pics

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2005, 08:28 PM
beezy
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: virgin pics

Shouldn't a 20PSI evo walk a bolt on GT?
Old 09-24-2005, 08:39 PM
tripleblack
1st Gear Member

bigness,

Post a few pics of your car - engine bay, rear end closeup, and even underneath if you can get it up on a lift.

We'll be able to tell what's what if you give us some shots. Otherwise, some things to look for...

Did the car come with a tuner (diablo, sct, sniper, etc), or paperwork about a chip? With the other mods, particularly the 4.10 gears, your speedo would need correction - and a tuner is a good way to do this (and dial in more power). As for the performance, sounds to me like you may have some re-worked heads, maybe even a mild street cam. If the car has a mild lope to its idle (a new car should idle so smooth you can't tell its running without rolling down a window and hearing the exhaust) you may have a performance cam in her. Assuming you don't have a supercharger (brother, you can't be SUCH a newbie not to realize you've got a blower), the performance you describe sounds like maybe as much as 300rwhp - which can be achieved na, but only with things like a bigger tb, intake plenum, cai, underdrive pulleys, the stuff you list, AND some really good head work and stronger cams.

tripleblack
Old 09-25-2005, 12:08 AM
eclipsegt
2nd Gear Member

yea it would....I mean even my car would beat a bolt on gt. a 20psi evo would **** a bolt on gt. so yea either he has a supercharger on the stang or it wasnt an evo at 20psi
Old 10-04-2005, 11:33 PM
biggness

my wifes cousin came down the other day for a family reunion and looked at our car and said it sounds like it has some cams in it, so he test drove and then said that it was definetly not stock internals. so maybe it has some high compression pistons in there, it does run like crap on reg. gas have to get the high $ stuff. but it does run like a scalded dog.
Old 10-05-2005, 02:20 AM
00GT00
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: biggness

my wifes cousin came down the other day for a family reunion and looked at our car and said it sounds like it has some cams in it, so he test drove and then said that it was definetly not stock internals. so maybe it has some high compression pistons in there, it does run like crap on reg. gas have to get the high $ stuff. but it does run like a scalded dog.
Take some pictures...
Old 10-06-2005, 01:56 PM
biggness

mikeymike.archwolf.net/150omg.wmv
mikeymike.archwolf.net/burnout.wmv

the only mod I have done to personally was a gear ratio correction. The 4.10's showed me going 20 miles faster at 60mph than what I was really doing. Oh yeah the peg the speedo vid out is after the correction. pics will be up soon. i do notice very different looking infectors in other gt's though...
Old 10-06-2005, 02:41 PM
Black Snake
5th Gear Member

Nice angel, or fairy hanging from your rear view, haha Just playing. Cool vid.
Old 10-06-2005, 02:52 PM
biggness

yeah this is my wifes car, so she has girly-fied a man machine. Its a guardian angel, and the funny thing is it says "never go faster than your guardian angel can fly"
Old 10-06-2005, 02:52 PM
Soaring
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: biggness

i like fishin...well anyways...does anyone have pics of a untouched 04 gt engine bay. the reason i ask is the wife wanted one of the new mustangs, i said wait till the gt's come out, she said NO i want one now. i said im not spendin that much on 6 cyl mustang. she got sad, so i said look, lets get a 04 gt. she said Fine. well after much searching we found that was pretty good deal(6,000 miles, completly load even that there mach1000 machine in it) so we got it for $15,900. good deal. well later on in life my sister wanted to race us in her z28. i said whatever. so we lined up a nd we were off, more like i was off and she was following. i completly murdered her. better deal. she said stock for stock i should have killed you, what you have done to it.(this was embarrasssing, for my sister, a girl, was askin me what i had done to it and i had no idea) well later on i found out that i have 4.10 gears, bbk long tube headers, offroad h-pipe, and bbk exhaust. and some more stuff i just know what. i rced my friend in in evo running 20psi and walked him like it was nothing(atleast by about 50 yards) so what im gettin at is how can i tell exactly what i have in there, i have tried contacting the dealership but they wont give me the previous guys # or tell him to call me. any help would be appreciated
Our failed educational system. Man, I can hardly even read what you are trying to say with all the grammatical errors and run-on sentences. Oh well, I guess everyone else got the point. Most likely, you have a modded engine. Take it to a dyno shop and have it tested to see if it meets factory specs or not.
Old 10-06-2005, 03:57 PM
MikeHawke
Retired MF Moderator

that's neat. What's your warranty like?

If the guy went into the engine and did cams, etc, you can probably forget about a warranty.

Post us up some pics and we can tell you what is not stock.

BTW - if it is fast, it's probably not stock LOL.

Quick Reply: virgin pics