4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

99-04 hood scoop functional?

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2012, 05:03 PM
Cali_Swag
1st Gear Member

So driving down the street and wondering if cutting open the hood scoop would help cool down the engine is not a random thought? Thanks for the article though.

Last edited by Cali_Swag; 09-03-2012 at 05:06 PM.
Old 09-03-2012, 05:18 PM
CSteiny

Whats the point of having a forum if you cant ask questions?

Forum-
an assembly, meeting place, television program, etc., for the discussion of questions of public interest.

If your not allowed to ask question then i guess this isn't forum. I was interested in the question when i saw this thread but i guess its illegal to ask questions on this forum.
Old 09-03-2012, 05:49 PM
BraMas
5th Gear Member

No this question is asked at least twice a week. So to people that have been here longer than May and June of 2012 it gets a little annoying.
Old 09-03-2012, 07:39 PM
CSteiny

I am members of many other forums and have never seen this problem, the guy was on his phone and it hard to search on it, thats all im saying. If you bugs guys so much how about you explain it to a new member nicely and explain why you prefer them to use the search button. This is a fairly low traveled forum as well so i think somebody bringing up a new topic is nice anyways. Im sure every issue that is brought up in this forum is available in the search button feature on this forum or is available on the internet or other sources. Does this mean nobody is allowed to ask a question since every topic has been covered? If there were hundreds of new threads brought up a day i can see it getting annoying but, there is 5 to 10 on a good day. Im not dissing this forum in anyway but i think new people on this forum get a little of a bad vibe and get turned away from asking more question and helping other people out. Just because somebody has on been on this website for a couple months does not mean they don't know alot, they just spend their time away from the computer.
Old 09-03-2012, 07:43 PM
cliffyk
TECH SAVANT

Originally Posted by Cali_Swag
So driving down the street and wondering if cutting open the hood scoop would help cool down the engine is not a random thought? Thanks for the article though.
No problem, keep in mind I am old and an engineer which makes the word "random" a special word, meaning as I posted earlier "proceeding, made, or occurring without definite aim, reason, or pattern".

That you wondered "...if cutting open the hood scoop would help cool down the engine.." was not made, nor did it occur "without definite aim, reason, or pattern". As the aim and reason were quite definite, I.e. would it "...help cool down the engine...", it was therefore not, by definition, a "random" thought. It may have been a "fleeting" thought but it was not random.

A random thought would be driving down the road and wondering "hood scoop", or "nice car", or "nice ****" with no aim (intended action), reason (to file for future reference), or pattern (I like nice ****)...

Last edited by cliffyk; 09-03-2012 at 07:46 PM.
Old 09-03-2012, 08:08 PM
cliffyk
TECH SAVANT

Originally Posted by CSteiny
I am members of many other forums and have never seen this problem, the guy was on his phone and it hard to search on it, thats all im saying. If you bugs guys so much how about you explain it to a new member nicely and explain why you prefer them to use the search button. This is a fairly low traveled forum as well so i think somebody bringing up a new topic is nice anyways. Im sure every issue that is brought up in this forum is available in the search button feature on this forum or is available on the internet or other sources. Does this mean nobody is allowed to ask a question since every topic has been covered? If there were hundreds of new threads brought up a day i can see it getting annoying but, there is 5 to 10 on a good day. Im not dissing this forum in anyway but i think new people on this forum get a little of a bad vibe and get turned away from asking more question and helping other people out. Just because somebody has on been on this website for a couple months does not mean they don't know alot, they just spend their time away from the computer.
OK if we want to talk communications, then you need to stop posting unreadable, poorly phrased and punctuated globs of text. Here is a proper re-formatting of the glob, perhaps now someone will bother to read it and respond.

Originally Posted by CSteiny
I am a member of many other forums and have never seen this problem, the guy was on his phone and it hard to search on it; that's all I'm saying.

If it bugs you guys so much then how about you explain it to a new member nicely. and explain why you prefer them to use the search button?

This is a fairly low traveled forum as well, so I think somebody bringing up a new topic is nice. I'm sure every issue that is brought up in this forum is available in the search button feature on this forum, or is available on the internet or other sources.

Does this mean nobody is allowed to ask a question since every topic has been covered? If there were hundreds of new threads brought up a day I could see it getting annoying but, there are 5 to 10 on a good day.

I'm not dissing this forum in any way however I think new people on this forum get a little of a bad vibe, and get turned away from asking more questions and helping other people out.

Just because someone has on been on this website for a couple months does not mean they don't know a lot, they just spend their time away from the computer.
Now that I can read it I happen to agree with what you have said regarding the tone of our initial response, to the one or two-millionth question, about opening up the hood scoop--we should have been more gracious.

However the fact that the OP was "on his cell phone" is no one's problem but his own, he should have selected a better tool. And it was far from a "new topic".

Also I disagree that this is a "fairly low traveled forum". In fact I sort of roosted here because it was one of the more popular and better informed venues. I would argue that the lack of "new topics" is more a reflection of the accumulated knowledge offered here (available with the Search function), and maturity of the members, than any shortcoming--I.e. there are few "new topics" to be introduced. After all the newest of the cars inclusive to this forum is nearly 9 years old.

---------------------------------------
The word but negates everything that was said before it. It should only be used when you intend to do that, otherwise use however, nonetheless, or instead...

Last edited by cliffyk; 09-03-2012 at 08:24 PM.
Old 09-03-2012, 08:19 PM
wifes pony
1st Gear Member

Youchh?!!!! Excuse the hell out of me!!!! Hahahahha!!!!
Old 09-03-2012, 08:23 PM
cliffyk
TECH SAVANT

I thought I was being nice.
Old 09-03-2012, 10:01 PM
1slow67
ROTM Moderator

Originally Posted by cliffyk
I thought I was being nice.
You were, that was hard to read.
Old 09-04-2012, 05:20 PM
LilRoush
6th Gear Member

+ 1 to everything Cliff just posted.

Quick Reply: 99-04 hood scoop functional?