4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

turning off rear o2 sensors with diablosport predator tuner - how?

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2013, 03:10 PM
kingrukus
2nd Gear Member

Default turning off rear o2 sensors with diablosport predator tuner - how?

My 2000 GT with catted Bassani X-pipe is throwing the P0420 - Catalyst system efficiency below threshold (bank 1) code.

I would like to turn off the rear o2 sensors to fix this with my Diablosport Predator Tuner, however I cannot find the option to turn it off when I try to modify the parameters of the diablotune. Can anyone advise how to do it?

Otherwise will the SCT SF3/X3 allow me to turn off the rear o2 sensors?
Old 05-24-2013, 06:32 PM
SXGT
5th Gear Member

I just got an update from Diablosport on doing this, I am still trying to get it to work. I'll let you know.
Old 05-25-2013, 05:29 PM
SXGT
5th Gear Member

email mlitsch@diablosport.com for the update. altho mine is not yet fully working.... :/
Old 05-25-2013, 11:41 PM
kingrukus
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by SXGT
email mlitsch@diablosport.com for the update. altho mine is not yet fully working.... :/
Thanks for the contact, although I do not think I am going to update my handheld unit.

I managed to find the option to turn off the rear heated o2 sensors under the OBDII parameters in the diablotune. Turns out I have an older version loaded to my unit (7.4 or 7.5 if I remember correctly). I also saw an option for EGR but didn't select it yet, so not sure what it does.
Old 05-26-2013, 01:36 AM
SXGT
5th Gear Member

my OBDII stuff says "not yet supported" or something on some of those options.

My only adjustable parameters are on my tune itself. stuff like axel ratio, spark advance and WOT afr.
Old 05-29-2013, 08:25 AM
SXGT
5th Gear Member

Yeah, sounds like you removed the cats or added high flow cats, which will require a custom tune.

Thanks

Mike Litsch
DiabloSport, Inc.

Uhhhhhhhhh. I dont know if that means BAMA can make a tune for me but Mike isnt the correct contact person, or if they can't help me with this, or what.

can you tell me how you used the parameters adjustment?
Old 05-29-2013, 12:12 PM
kingrukus
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by SXGT
Uhhhhhhhhh. I dont know if that means BAMA can make a tune for me but Mike isnt the correct contact person, or if they can't help me with this, or what.

can you tell me how you used the parameters adjustment?
Sorry was this directed to me? I simply went into the OBDII parameters when modifying the performance tune (diablo tune), and the option to turn off the rear heated o2 sensors was there.
Old 05-30-2013, 11:59 AM
SXGT
5th Gear Member

i wonder why mine says the feature is not yet available.
Old 05-30-2013, 12:46 PM
cliffyk
TECH SAVANT

Either too old, or too new firmware.

Some time back the EPA sen nastygrams to aftermarket tuning system makers and vendors "reminding" them that tampering with emission systems was a violation of Federal law (MIL eliminators were mentioned as well). Some makers ignored it, their position being that they were not tampering, just providing a tool for their customers to do so--while others with weaker constitutions took it to heart and disabled the functions/stopped selling MIL eliminators.

What model DiabloSport tuner do you have, what is the firmware version?
Old 05-31-2013, 02:15 PM
SXGT
5th Gear Member

that makes sense CliffyK.

I feel I have had a questionable experience with Diablosport.

Me: Since I have an off road X pipe, I am getting the Check Engine Light every day for my sensor. Can it be put into a tune that those codes do not trigger?
DS: (no response for 10 days)
Me: Did you get my email?
DS: Sorry for the delay, I got way too much email daily, and I may have let this slip through. Please don’t hesitate to reply if you don’t hear back from me, you don’t have to wait 10 days.

He had emailed me an update to upload into my inTune. I uploaded it and the intune installed the update but when I took it to the car it didnt promt for any kind of update.

DS: Click tune vehicle/write vehicle with the key on.
ME: I did that. but It's only giving me 3 options. 87, Diablo, and modify stock. I put the 87 tune back on to see if it would do anything. Drove around for a day and The CEL still comes on for the 02 sensor down stream.
DS:What are the codes? Sounds like you need a custom tune for the rear o2 disable.

*face palm*

Me: P0420 Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold (Bank 1), P0430 Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold (Bank 2)
DS: Yeah, sounds like you removed the cats or added high flow cats, which will require a custom tune. Thanks

Gave no info on how to proceed with this.

Me:Whom do I need to contact for the tune? When I filled out my 16 questions I registered my car as having and off road mid-pipe. Another person told me they used the OBDII parameters to turn off the sensor (same year make and model car) but my OBDII adjustable parameters menu says " not yet supported"

DS:The OBDII function is not enabled on any inTune…You’d want to contact one of our cmr tuners for a custom tune, you can use the dealer locator on our website to find one in your area.

So now I am going to have to physically go to some place? I don't understand why this cant be emailed as an update or what he originally thought he was doing by emailing me an update. Map says nearest place is 30 miles.

Is Bama a different company that Diablosport contracts with? I wonder if I can just email Bama directly?

Last edited by SXGT; 05-31-2013 at 02:32 PM.

Quick Reply: turning off rear o2 sensors with diablosport predator tuner - how?