4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Where do I go from here??

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2013, 07:41 PM
Danheit

Default Where do I go from here??

Ok, I'm new to the mustangs, most especially EFI. I have a 2002 GT convertible 5spd. I have a Diablosport tune, X-pipe and Flowmasters. 21 lb/hr injectors and a drop in air filter. Don't want gears, I'm really happy with the highway drivability as is. Gonna do headers eventually, but need to research a little more. I want more seat o the pants power without going FI. I will be open to heads and cams down the road, but again, need to do a LOT more research before spending that kind o coin. What else is there? I want reliable power without having to have the motor worked. Have I already topped out? I would like to hit about 350 rwhp but keep it as a reliable daily driver where I can get in and drive to Florida tomorrow and still get 20+mpg on the hwy.

I also have plenty of cosmetic work that needs done but that's a whole other thread.
Old 06-24-2013, 07:49 PM
Stevo86
3rd Gear Member

Hate to rain on your parade but you aren't going to get anywhere near 350 at the tires without some serious engine work or boost. Also the most bang for your buck, wow I can really feel it mod is gears. If you want a reliable car that gets good gas mileage but is still fun to drive leave it alone. If you wanna go fast, break out the wallet and stop worrying about fuel economy.
Old 06-24-2013, 09:30 PM
04GTRed

You can get 300 to the wheels with cams/headers and a good tune. But if you want 350 without f/I then I would look at a set of trickflow heads. Honestly a s/c will be the easiest way to your goal.