4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

MAC full exhaust

Old 06-26-2013, 10:40 PM
lewter2108

Default MAC full exhaust

Hello Mustang community! I recently purchased a used 04 GT and plan to add some mods to it. I've already added an Airaid CAI and bought the SCT tuner. My next step is to get a new exhaust. I'm looking at a full MAC system, headers all the way back. I've done some research and price comparisons and this system is within my budget to include the install. I'm looking for some advice/opinions from anyone who has owned or is thinking about getting these same products. I wanna know if these are reliable or if they're problem prone? How is the fitment/clearance issues? What kind of sound/tone do you get and is it worth it?

Products:
MAC Long Tube headers
http://www.americanmuscle.com/mac-ht...ers-96-04.html

MAC O/R Pro Chambered Shorty mid pipes
http://www.americanmuscle.com/mac-sh...er-9904gt.html

MAC Catback Exhaust
http://www.americanmuscle.com/mac-catback-9604gt.html

Looking forward to any type of answers and glad to be apart of this great community! Thanks!

-Lewter
Old 06-27-2013, 07:44 AM
96t-bird
5th Gear Member

Hi, welcome. In your research have you listen to what the Mac exhaust system sound like ? Every one has a exhaust sound they like/ or look to hear. IMO it is all about personal taste on the exhaust. I have no experience with the Mac products.So, i cannot comment on the fitment/clearance issues. I am sure more members will comment, give advise.Good luck.
Old 06-27-2013, 08:22 AM
AMDanBailer
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by lewter2108
Hello Mustang community! I recently purchased a used 04 GT and plan to add some mods to it. I've already added an Airaid CAI and bought the SCT tuner. My next step is to get a new exhaust. I'm looking at a full MAC system, headers all the way back. I've done some research and price comparisons and this system is within my budget to include the install. I'm looking for some advice/opinions from anyone who has owned or is thinking about getting these same products. I wanna know if these are reliable or if they're problem prone? How is the fitment/clearance issues? What kind of sound/tone do you get and is it worth it?

Products:
MAC Long Tube headers
http://www.americanmuscle.com/mac-ht...ers-96-04.html

MAC O/R Pro Chambered Shorty mid pipes
http://www.americanmuscle.com/mac-sh...er-9904gt.html

MAC Catback Exhaust
http://www.americanmuscle.com/mac-catback-9604gt.html

Looking forward to any type of answers and glad to be apart of this great community! Thanks!

-Lewter
Great choice, you'll love the full Mac System! We don't have any reported clearance or fitment issues with their product, so if you like the sound than I would say you're good to go.

The only time you really run into fitment issues, is when you try and mix and match exhaust components. If you run a Mac header with a different company's mid-pipe, they may not sit correctly! Since you're running all one brand, I don't see any issues.

Please let me know if you have any questions or need some assistance in the near future! Our Mustang Experts are here Monday-Friday from 9AM-9PM EST and Saturdays from 9AM-5:30PM EST. If you want to hit them up, their number is 866.727.1266. I can also have one of them call you directly.

-Dan
Old 06-27-2013, 09:59 AM
BraMas
5th Gear Member

Good choice on the MAC Prochamber. you will love it! Like Dan said it should go together smoothly because it is all one brand. Hell I managed to get BBK LT a MAC P/C and a magnaflow catback system all bolted it up with very little headache
Old 06-27-2013, 10:15 AM
Shredder505
2nd Gear Member

Mac products are great, like they said fitment should be perfect but if you dont want the prochamber down the line there are a few shorty mid-pipes that fit nicely, I have the Mac LTs and a VRS catted X and a Magnaflow catback and fitment is perfect. But be prepared to take a lot of your front end apart to get the headers on
Old 06-28-2013, 05:48 AM
lewter2108

Thanks for the input everyone. I'm pretty convinced that this is the system for me. I'll probably wait till the 1st of July to see what products go one sale for American Muscle. Last time I bought the combo CAI and Tuner at the end of April then it went on sale in June! Just a $10-$15 dollar difference but I'm sure we can all agree that saving is saving haha. I'll figure out how to upload some photos on here too just for my future post experience and to show everyone how this process is coming along. Pretty excited about all this. Thanks again guys.

-Lewter
Old 06-28-2013, 07:43 AM
Vertigo_GT
2nd Gear Member

Make a few more posts and send AMDanBailer a PM to get the forum member discount! A nice picture thread in the Members ride forum would be good. AM offers a discount to forum members with a certain number of posts. Maybe 50 posts? Check out the AM thread in the vendors forum for details.
Nice build you have going there!
Old 06-28-2013, 09:13 AM
AJ06GT
5th Gear Member

Never had any issues with fitment with any of my Mac stuff, but it's always been matched to either Mac or factory when I installed it. The Prochamber has the best sound of any midpipe in my opinion. I just installed an O/R Prochamber on my 06 and I love it. Coming up soon my list will be the Mac axlebacks as well, that will make me 3 for 3 on Mac mufflers, and 2 for 3 for the Prochamber, so I guess you could say I'm a fan. I don't think you'd have any issues or complaints about a full Mac exhaust, the only thing I don't know about is the LTs. I haven't researched enough to know if I'd use their LTs, but I having used the rest I don't see why not. Get it and post some vids!