4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

New TB, plenum and clean injectors put a smile on my face

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2013, 06:39 PM
CalBoy101
1st Gear Member

Default New TB, plenum and clean injectors put a smile on my face

Whoa, I just came back from a test squirt and I've still got a smile my face.

I've had my 2002 GT for around a month and today added a C&L plenum, Accufab 75mm throttle body and a clean set of fuel injectors.

It pulled the strongest I've felt by a long shot and for the first time chirped the tires on the 2 to 3 shift (its an auto).

Its just a stocker with some bolt ons, Magnaflow X, Flowmaster cats, Bama tune, Airaid CAI plus the new stuff today but the change today felt like the biggest improvement.

I know the common thinking is that mostly stock engine doesn't need a 75mm TB but the C&L guys swear across a bible that its worth another 3HP compared to a 70mm so I went for it.

The big TB doesn't seem the hurt the full throttle low end or other drivability, it feels stronger on the low end also.

The car was running well but the injectors had 90,000 on them and that usually means its time for a cleaning, so I don't know how much of the seat of the pants gain was from having a clean set put in.

I had them cleaned by a guy who runs the site http://www.mrinjector.us/ . He's a good guy, called me right when he got them after the initial checkouts to let me know they were all ok and they come back will a printout with all the before and after flow numbers. At $16. a piece he's cheaper than some of the other internet injector guys and he does a nice job, he repaints the bodies also and they came back looking like new.

Last edited by CalBoy101; 09-21-2013 at 06:54 PM.
Old 09-21-2013, 07:18 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by CalBoy101

I've had my 2002 GT for around a month and today added a C&L plenum, Accufab 75mm throttle body and a clean set of fuel injectors.

It pulled the strongest I've felt by a long shot and for the first time chirped the tires on the 2 to 3 shift (its an auto).

Its just a stocker with some bolt ons, Magnaflow X, Flowmaster cats, Bama tune, Airaid CAI plus the new stuff today but the change today felt like the biggest improvement.

I know the common thinking is that mostly stock engine doesn't need a 75mm TB but the C&L guys swear across a bible that its worth another 3HP compared to a 70mm so I went for it.

The big TB doesn't seem the hurt the full throttle low end or other drivability, it feels stronger on the low end also.

The car was running well but the injectors had 90,000 on them and that usually means its time for a cleaning, so I don't know how much of the seat of the pants gain was from having a clean set put in.

I had them cleaned by a guy who runs the site http://www.mrinjector.us/ . He's a good guy, called me right when he got them after the initial checkouts to let me know they were all ok and they come back will a printout with all the before and after flow numbers. At $16. a piece he's cheaper than some of the other internet injector guys and he does a nice job, he repaints the bodies also and they came back looking like new.
I have a pretty similar setup (mostly bolt ons) and I picked up the 75mm accufab TB and a new plenum a few months back and noticed a decent jump in the response and an increase in the low end.
Old 09-21-2013, 07:29 PM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by CalBoy101

Hey man congrats on the car. In this case it may have worked out for you but I wouldn't read to much into manufactured claims when it comes to mods for your car. You think those mods put a smile on your face just wait until you put some 410's on her.