4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Ebay Racing Seats.

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2013, 09:49 PM
Doug Nash

Default Ebay Racing Seats.

Has anyone installed the so called racing seats in the stangs. Every single seller will not tell you where to get the mounting brackets to install them. I would go to American Muscle but would rather spend less that there price for seats and brackets.
All they will say is universal mounting brackets and yet there 100's of different ones. Any experience on this anyone?
Old 10-18-2013, 10:50 PM
Dominasian
1st Gear Member

Doug, you have probably heard this before, but sorry for telling you this again, you get what you pay for... Ebay, yaah some stuff like rubber bushings, maybe break pads, sure possible to get in a good quality, but seat is your own comfort, your own safety, your own style. I would go to a vendor that has all three of these choices. Paying big money doesn't mean its a waste of money, i mean everything has its plank, but dont be cheap especially with your lovely car (i'd assume you love your car since you are putting racing seats in)... I am young, but i have gone through tooooooooo many cheap parts to say **** it i'd rather wait a year, but buy a quality part that will stand out just from pronouncing its brand...
Old 10-20-2013, 03:20 PM
LilRoush
6th Gear Member

Seats are like brakes - they are a safety feature and something you use EVERY time you drive the car. NOT something you want to cheap out on at all.
Cheap seats are not comfortable, won't last long and chances are will bend/break if ever in an accident.
Old 10-21-2013, 08:45 AM
AMDanBailer
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Doug Nash
Has anyone installed the so called racing seats in the stangs. Every single seller will not tell you where to get the mounting brackets to install them. I would go to American Muscle but would rather spend less that there price for seats and brackets.
All they will say is universal mounting brackets and yet there 100's of different ones. Any experience on this anyone?
I think these guys have pointed you in the right direction. You definitely get what you pay for with a product like this. It's also the most important thing in your car considering you sit in it every time you drive your Mustang!

However, if the seat you're after is made of good materials and has good car specific brackets, I don't see a problem with it. But if the seats meet all of those requirements I bet they'll be the same price as a high quality seat that we carry.

This is just something to think about. Let me know if you have any questions or need some assistance!

-Dan
Old 10-21-2013, 08:50 AM
1slow67
ROTM Moderator

Originally Posted by LilRoush
Seats are like brakes - they are a safety feature and something you use EVERY time you drive the car. NOT something you want to cheap out on at all.
Cheap seats are not comfortable, won't last long and chances are will bend/break if ever in an accident.
+1

I bought a cheap sport seat from summit racing. Driving more than 30 minutes gave me back pains it was so uncomfortable.
Old 10-22-2013, 01:00 PM
uberstang1
Chupacabra

Originally Posted by LilRoush
LMao true story, Cobrafrenzy has cheap ebay racing seats and they broke during a launch at the track.