4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Is RPM Outlet OK now?? or American Muscle instead??

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2014, 01:33 PM
AMDanBailer
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by tracyballard
Well, I called and tried to get it ordered, but the person I talked to said he would have to talk to you to see if ya'll really can match the price of another competitor (Gary Yeoman Ford-Lincoln-Mercury), so I'm currently waiting on a call back from that person to see if I can buy it from AM or not. Hopefully I'll get that call soon....

UPDATE - it's a no go with American Muscle - the promised price match was denied.

I'm sorry that we weren't able to price match this. We do offer price matching on all advertised reputable competitors sites. We don't price match sites like Amazon, Ebay or Bonanza etc.. It also depends on the item that we're price matching. For example, SCT tuners. They have a MAP program in action that you can not go below. If you do go below this, you will get in a lot of trouble and can be shut down. SCT is aware of this map violation and is handling it.

That being said, our hands are kind of tied in this particular instance. This isn't a common occurrence and 9 out of 10 times we will gladly price match.

We still can offer you our 6% forums exclusive discount because you're entitled to use that on all orders. That would put you right at $357. I also see that Bonanza (as listed in your other thread) isn't the original competitor that you listed. You mentioned RPM outlet. If they're publicly advertising this tuner at $325, they're also violating MAP and will be contacted by SCT immediately. On their site I don't see the SCT tuner for $325 like you listed. I only see $379.99. Please correct me if I'm wrong?

Again, I apologize for any confusion and headache this has caused you.

-Dan
Old 03-07-2014, 01:43 PM
tracyballard
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by AMDanBailer
I'm sorry that we weren't able to price match this. We do offer price matching on all advertised reputable competitors sites. We don't price match sites like Amazon, Ebay or Bonanza etc.. It also depends on the item that we're price matching. For example, SCT tuners. They have a MAP program in action that you can not go below. If you do go below this, you will get in a lot of trouble and can be shut down. SCT is aware of this map violation and is handling it.

That being said, our hands are kind of tied in this particular instance. This isn't a common occurrence and 9 out of 10 times we will gladly price match.

We still can offer you our 6% forums exclusive discount because you're entitled to use that on all orders. That would put you right at $357. I also see that Bonanza (as listed in your other thread) isn't the original competitor that you listed. You mentioned RPM outlet. If they're publicly advertising this tuner at $325, they're also violating MAP and will be contacted by SCT immediately. On their site I don't see the SCT tuner for $325 like you listed. I only see $379.99. Please correct me if I'm wrong?

Again, I apologize for any confusion and headache this has caused you.

-Dan
Rpmoutlet no longer has the sale on, but when I emailed them, Frank said he would still honor the $325 price with a phone order. And since Yeoman Ford is selling the item for $295, that seems like a better price match to me in my humble opinion. Dan, I guess you should have mentioned that you only match certain prices, that would have made things not seem so sketchy. I would certainly be glad to patronize AM if you honor the promise you made, but if I can't take you at your word (even if you have to sell something lower than you want to in order to keep your promise), it's hard to send you my hard earned money.
Old 03-07-2014, 02:40 PM
AMDanBailer
Former Sponsor

Rpmoutlet no longer has the sale on, but when I emailed them, Frank said he would still honor the $325 price with a phone order. And since Yeoman Ford is selling the item for $295, that seems like a better price match to me in my humble opinion. Dan, I guess you should have mentioned that you only match certain prices, that would have made things not seem so sketchy. I would certainly be glad to patronize AM if you honor the promise you made, but if I can't take you at your word (even if you have to sell something lower than you want to in order to keep your promise), it's hard to send you my hard earned money.
I'm sorry I didn't make things clear with you. Like I said above, we'll do whatever we can to make sure our customers are happy and in good hands. Price matching is one of the many things we do to make sure our customers get the best price possible. However, it has to be a reputable advertised price and it can't violate MAP policy.

Moving forward, I'll make sure this is much more clear!

-Dan
Old 03-07-2014, 02:53 PM
tracyballard
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by AMDanBailer
I'm sorry I didn't make things clear with you. Like I said above, we'll do whatever we can to make sure our customers are happy and in good hands. Price matching is one of the many things we do to make sure our customers get the best price possible. However, it has to be a reputable advertised price and it can't violate MAP policy.

Moving forward, I'll make sure this is much more clear!

-Dan
I find your explanation to be acceptable, and consider the matter to be resolved. thanks for your efforts.

Last edited by tracyballard; 03-11-2014 at 03:16 PM.