4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

insurence costs ughhh

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2005, 09:28 AM
AmericanBred_4.6
1st Gear Member

Default RE: insurence costs ughhh

hmmm this is interesting because my problem is that i asked a guy that works for an insurence company and i was like how much would it be for me under my parents policy for a v8 mustang and hes like 4500 to 5000 and im like wtf how the hell is that and he didnt even kno of the 2 accidents my brother got into with the deer, idk it seems wierd cuz everyone here is saying its cheap its cheap but my parents and other people are telling me its not so am i missing somthing, i will go to insurence sites and check sooner or later but is this an attempt to deture me from getting my car cuz i kno my dad doesent like the idea to much that im getting a "sports car" for my first car but whatever cuz that what i want

thanks for the help guys

josh~
Old 10-17-2005, 10:28 AM
boostedgt02
3rd Gear Member

I have a question about insurance. Right now I have geico with full coverage and I am 22yrs of age. I recently got a wreckless driving ticket and wondering how much more it would cost per month? Could anyone help me with that?
Old 10-17-2005, 12:15 PM
Ellik
2nd Gear Member

the reason everyone here is stating that insurance is so cheap is because what they are doing is technically fraud. They are not telling the insurance companies the truth to keep from paying the higher rate.... like your parents have a beat up old van that they haul stuff in, you buy a new mustang, tell the ins. co. that it is your Dad's primary vehicle and your driving the POS. well... thats not the case, but you are insured on all the cars on your parents policy, and it gets you cheaper rates. However, if you do get in an accident where there is a high $ payout and the insurance company investigates the matter (probably not a high likelihood) and find out that you ARE the primary, you [and your parents] could be in a bunch of trouble.

My younger brother is 17, just bought an '04 v6 mustang and has it properly insured (with HIM listed as the primary) under my parents policy and he pays $3k a year in insurance. I'd expect you to pay $4-5k on a GT. Insurance companies dont like a high $ to HP ratio for young, inexperienced drivers.

oh..... and good luck on having a RWD v8 as your first car........ after your first accident you may agree that it wasnt as good of an idea as it seemed at the time...... when you get older, your views change. ive been there, and my dad told me the same thing... I hated him for it, but in the end he was right.
Old 10-17-2005, 12:18 PM
Ellik
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mustang2k

I have a question about insurance. Right now I have geico with full coverage and I am 22yrs of age. I recently got a wreckless driving ticket and wondering how much more it would cost per month? Could anyone help me with that?
Wreckless Driving = lots of money!!! It would have been cheaper for you to hire a lawyer to get out of it.
Old 10-17-2005, 03:23 PM
Birdieman4
5th Gear Member

Is that because there's nothing and no one in Idaho? lol
...That what we Idahoans want everyone to think.
Old 10-17-2005, 04:50 PM
AmericanBred_4.6
1st Gear Member

alright so what would my yearly cost be about with me under my parents explorer as primary and my mom under the mustang as primary, jsut an estimate

thanks

josh~
Old 10-17-2005, 05:04 PM
mustangman02232
6th Gear Member

16, male, in massachussets, payin about $2800 a year for a V-6 vert with a Mass teachers discount. (my fathers) if your under 25, your gonna be raped up the @$$ for insurance.
Old 10-17-2005, 05:46 PM
Ellik
2nd Gear Member

It really depends on where you live, prior claims and their $$ amounts, tickets, etc.

OK. I live in Pittsburgh, PA. low-risk area for auto-theft. Im 26, married, multiple car-discounts, no tickets and no $$ payout claims. I pay around $500 every 6months on my '01 Cobra. My policy premium changed by $75 every 6months when I upgraded from a '97 Firebird w/ a v6 to the '01 Cobra. It probably not going to be any signifigant difference for your mom if she insured herself on the GT or the Explorer. I'd guess +/- $100/6months difference depending on what year the Explorer is.

For yourself however, I would guess that if its a comparable year Explorer you would drop from something like $5k per year as primary on the GT to $3k per year as primary on the Explorer.

The only way of really knowing is to call your insurance agent.... well, get one of your parents to, and get a real quote. there are so many different variables there is no real good way for anyone else to really guess, especially since there can be such a big swing in premiums from company to company and state to state.
Old 10-17-2005, 06:43 PM
AmericanBred_4.6
1st Gear Member

well i live in the Ny the hamtons in sag harbor and my moms explorer is an 03 if that helps any my brother is also under the policy and he had 2 accidents
Old 10-17-2005, 08:41 PM
geetee03
5th Gear Member

2003 GT Premium $105/mo. 21yrs

Under my parents policy of course, insurance would be another car payment!

Quick Reply: insurence costs ughhh