4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Nitrous?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2015, 08:34 AM
Rtc1184

Default Nitrous?

Car has 78mm bank throttle body, 2.5" exhaust cat back, 268 cams, accel cop's, sct tuner, cold air intake. Will this motor handle 100 shot of nitrous on a regular basis? What else needs to be done?
Old 03-24-2015, 10:46 AM
swarthyfellow
3rd Gear Member

I've never done a 100 shot but as long as u are tuned well and in good running order. I'd bet u would be fine. You doing a wet or dry shot?
Old 03-24-2015, 04:55 PM
Rtc1184

Don't know a whole a lot about nitrous. I'd be spraying it right before the throttle body in the intake tube
Old 03-24-2015, 05:18 PM
school boy
5th Gear Member

The the car properly tuned and the engine being in good healthy condition, I don't see a problem. I would differently use a wet shot.
Old 03-25-2015, 12:00 AM
Rtc1184

What is the difference between wet and dry shots?
Old 03-25-2015, 08:39 AM
BlindGUYnAR
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Rtc1184
What is the difference between wet and dry shots?
I don't run it, but have looked at in the past.

Basically wet means along with the NOx you are mixing fuel into the spray entering the manifold. Most of the time through a direct tap off the fuel rail.

Dry means you are only spraying NOx into the manifold and the computer has to fire a bigger injector pulse to add the fuel.

A mush higher level of tuning is required for dry shots to prevent lean fuel conditions that will distroy your motor within a matter of a few secs. Larger injectors are also required depending on how large the shot is.

Lean condition means there is too mush air and not enough fuel. Burning fuel actually cools the combustion chamber which is why most remote tunes run rich as a safety measure. A lean condition can run so hot it melts the pistons.

Some wet systems say no tune required, but don't believe that for a sec. Lean conditions can also still occur here which is why a tune should be obtained.

Many informative YouTube videos and text articles exist to help you learn about the systems so that you're an informed user and don't hurt your car.

You should also find your local bottle filler to ensure mostly you have someone local, but also filling costs.

Also not all systems are created equal so research and buy or piece together a good one.

Last edited by BlindGUYnAR; 03-25-2015 at 08:47 AM.
Old 03-25-2015, 08:42 AM
school boy
5th Gear Member

Dry is only injecting nitrous oxide through the nozzles while the fuel injectors add the fuel need to correct the air/fuel ratio.
Wet injects both the nitrous and the fuel.
Theres more to it than I just written but it gives you a general difference.
Old 03-25-2015, 08:43 AM
school boy
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by BlindGUYnAR
I don't run it, but have looked at in the past.

Basically wet means along with the NOx you are mixing fuel into the spray entering the manifold most of the time through a direct tap off the fuel rail.

Dry means you are only spraying NOx into the manifold and the computer has to fire a bigger injector pulse to add the fuel.

A mush higher level of tuning is required for dry shots to prevent lean fuel conditions that will distroy your motor within a matter of a few secs. Larger injectors are also required depending on how larger the shot is.

Some wet systems say no tune required, but don't believe that for a sec. Lean conditions can also still occur here which is why a tune should be obtained.

Many informative YouTube videos and text articles exist to help you learn about the systems so that you're an informed user and don't hurt your car.

You should also find your local bottle filler to ensure mostly you have someone local, but also filling costs.

Also not all systems are created equal so research and buy or piece together a good one.
You beat me to the punch, lol
Old 03-25-2015, 01:11 PM
swarthyfellow
3rd Gear Member

I am setting up a dry shot, only about 30hp though. I put my nozzle right after my airfilter. That way the MAF gets trick into thinking it is max out and opens up the injectors. Other than that i am pulling back a few degree of WOT timing and I always run 93 gas. Friday should be my first test run if the weather is nice. I'll let you know how it goes.
Old 03-25-2015, 10:08 PM
Rtc1184

A friend has a badass wet kit. Nitrous express with nozzles from 50-350 shot. It is a wet kit. 2 bottles, bottle heaters, 15lb bottles, entropic actuators to open the bottles, pressure gauge ect. Has everything for 1000 bucks.

Quick Reply: Nitrous?