4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Wonderful Night at the Track

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2005, 10:47 PM
dajawu
2nd Gear Member

Default Wonderful Night at the Track

Well yesterday was great, I took an hour and a half ride up to the track. I paid my entrance fee, I got teched in. I even got up in line. Wow what a great weather it was too. A perfect day for racing! So I get out of my car and go to see whos around. One guy asks me 'Hey what wrong with you tire?'. I look back at my car and my rear passenger tire is flat, completly flat. So I take my car over to get some air and filled it up. Turns out there was a huge nail in my tire leaking like a siv. Now mind you I passed tech no problem, so obviously this leak happend from the short drive from tech to the line! I put on my donut and decided to go find a tire shop in the area so it wasn't a wasted trip. The only place open is Walmart, and the only tire they have that will fit is a Douglas Tire for 110 bucks. Douglas being the wal-mart brand. So long story still long, I drove home one and a half hours home on a donut depressed. Ohh and there was an accedent on the highway so I sat in a bunch of traffic too.
Old 10-20-2005, 10:53 PM
*Blk_96_Stang_GT*
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Wonderful Night at the Track

wow dude tht sucks...u shoulda ran with the flat
Old 10-20-2005, 10:56 PM
ZW99GT
6th Gear Member

Man thats a rough day. I had a similar problem at the track. I took a pair of slicks on 15in rims. I burrowed a jack got one tire off, one slick on. Went over to the other tire and got all lugs off except one. wouldnt u know it, it was stripped. I wrestled with that thing for an hour. I finally snapped off the stud, and got to run 1 time. I knew nothing about slicks and bogged hard off the line and that was it. What a waste.
Old 10-20-2005, 11:23 PM
dajawu
2nd Gear Member

Luckily it gets better, sort of. I call 3 different places today to try and get a matching tire for my car. The price for just the one tire is anywere from 160 to 200 dollors! I also find out that the tires I have now are discontinued. I have Yokohama Avid H4 tires, that are no replaced with the Avid H4s tires. Notice the S? Thats the differnce. Turns out that the tire has a different tread then the old ones. So I called Yokohama dirrectly and asked about these new tires. They told me that I shouldn't replace just one, I should replace at least the other one on the same axel. I am thinking I know need to pony over 320 bucks to get both rear tires replace. The guy I talked to was very nice and told me they would buy me the second tire if I decided to buy the first! I am a bit happier now because I can get both rear tires replaced now for the price of one! It still would have been better to not have a flat in the first place but at least there is some good to this story. Yokohama was very nice to do that for me so I will now recomend their tires, as they have excellent customer service.