4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Misfire Help 02 GT CEL Flashing

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2016, 10:09 AM
BlackBetty02GT

Cool thanks for clarifying that for me, I thought that maybe the seller was wrong about that since the pic shows boots but he answered back saying no to boots, weird LOL. I plan on doing a serious build on my stang soon and will want some opinions so I will be hitting you up. Oh by the way I will be changing my intake manifold soon as it has worn out coil pack screw holes and a little cracked by one of the holes, also got a little fluid in 2 of my spark plug wells a little oil colored not a lot just a little. I was wondering should i take that time to upgrade my injectors i was thinking of going to 24 pounds i have full exhaust CAI headers, and I was going to put an upgraded manifold on maybe trick flow or go with Ford Racing not sure yet and how much i want to spend lol, but was wondering the thing is in a year maybe 2 at the most I am planning on complete motor overhaul I will be probably going .20 over on block stroking and doing trick flow heads and doing cams, but was wondering if i did the injectors now would 24 still be good when i do that or will i need to go higher now just didnt want to much fuel, and the reason i am going to upgrade soon is after manifold and with other bolt on i wanted to equal out the fuel to air ratio some.
Old 04-29-2016, 10:49 AM
jwog666
5th Gear Member

unless you are going forced induction, larger fuel injectors will do nothing to add power. the stock injectors are more than enough.
Old 04-29-2016, 11:23 AM
BlackBetty02GT

so stay with 19 pound or will the 24 be ok just a slight upgrade but nothing major
Old 04-29-2016, 01:08 PM
jwog666
5th Gear Member

24 would be ok, the pcm will just dial back injector on time if the injector is slightly too big. the real decider will be when you have the tune written, if it needs more fuel your tuner will let you know, but i have my doubts that you will need larger injectors
Old 04-29-2016, 01:46 PM
BlackBetty02GT

I agree I have been thinking about getting Bama, when I purchase my gears American Muscle has the 4.10 and Bama combo for like $669
Old 04-29-2016, 03:00 PM
WJL
3rd Gear Member

Jwog is a tech and does this everyday, i'm just a weekend warrior/hobbest but if you use the 21 lb/hr "PINK" injectors it will reduce the duty cycle of the injector and will be way more consistent and even spray patterns leading to better combustion equaling better performance, just saying

Beware of the gear kits from the three love to hate suppliers they are all different i bought the kit from AM and if i had to do it over i would buy the gears only and would buy the bearings, oil and shim kit from NAPA there is a real difference, i think the kit from LMR has the GT 500 pinion bearing but cheaper side bearings the kit from AM has Motive aka not so good, also they only give you two bottles of gear oil you will need three

Just my opinion
Old 04-29-2016, 03:35 PM
jwog666
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by WJL
Jwog is a tech and does this everyday, i'm just a weekend warrior/hobbest but if you use the 21 lb/hr "PINK" injectors it will reduce the duty cycle of the injector and will be way more consistent and even spray patterns leading to better combustion equaling better performance, just saying....
you may be correct, he is going to have to get a custom tune if he goes with the trick flow heads, and when the car is on the dyno is the time to see if the duty cycle and/or supply is lacking. as far as putting them on a stock engine to reduce duty cycle and give a more consistent spray..... the wot fuel trim is based on numbers that include injector flow, they compare that to MAF and add fuel, at WOT the o2 sensors arent used to adjust air fuel ratio. so if you up the injector size, you will most likely always be rich at wot, this can cause other issues. the stock injectors are good for an extra 90 hp of NA power, but the only way to tell is to look at all the data while tuning
Old 04-29-2016, 04:33 PM
BlackBetty02GT

Thanks for the input I am taking all this in, and thinking of ways to go. I appreciate the feedback. I will definitely look more closely at where i get my gears now you brought that up from AM.
Old 04-29-2016, 04:45 PM
BlackBetty02GT

Also I want a suggestion, if I want to go ahead and put a new intake manifold on now, but not put the $650-$900 out for a trick flow manifold is there another one that you recommend that would be a nice upgrade that wont hit me so hard in the pockets, thanks.
Old 04-29-2016, 06:03 PM
WJL
3rd Gear Member

I bought the Ford Racing right before they raised the price, I have heard the OEM is every bit as good as the Ford Racing for right around the same cost, the eddy, trick Flow or Professional Products are expensive and it's my understanding that you will lose some low end TQ with any of them.

They are more for Forced induction, jwog's car is Super Charged and i'm sure he knows more about it than me.

The one thing i can tell you don't buy used and "DON'T BUY THE DORMAN" lol

Quick Reply: Misfire Help 02 GT CEL Flashing