4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

sct x4 need help

Old 01-13-2017, 12:55 AM
jermz

Default sct x4 need help

Ok So after saving for a while I ordered the sct x4 tuner for my 2000 Mustang GT from AmericanMuscle. My car is a 2000 GT automatic. It has headers, x pipe, intake, pulleys, and flowmasters. So after installing the Bama 93 tune it felt great, Except that If I went WOT it would bounce off the rev limiter. Same thing with the other 2 tunes it came with. So I contacted them and they re sent the tunes. I uploaded it and waited 50 miles before I tried any hard driving. So today I went to a backroad and got on it and with the OD off it bounces off the rev limiter still. Not so bad with the OD on, But still having issues. If I go back to stock I have no issues. So has anyone experienced this before? Im a little discouraged, especially considering what I paid for it. Any advice? Anything I should try? Would love to hear from automatic owners with this tuner what there experiences are. Thanks. I made a few videos of me going WOT with the OD on. Ill try to upload it if that would help.
Old 01-30-2017, 01:59 AM
jermz

Anyone?

I talked to them and they resent new tunes twice and I still am having the issue. They want me to data log now. Waiting on the weather to be a little better. At the moment I returned it to stock. I would have sold it by now But I hear I need it when I install my 4.10 gears. Do dynos require you to own a sct tuner when getting a dyno tune? Was thinking of just getting the 4.10s and going with a dyno tune and selling sct.

Last edited by jermz; 01-30-2017 at 02:02 AM.
Old 01-30-2017, 07:01 AM
tadpole1969
2nd Gear Member

yes you will need a tuner of your own for dyno & for your new 410's , if you sell the sct you will have to return your car back to stock or buyer will not beable to use your sct tuner

Search this Thread