4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

New member Question's For my 04 GT

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2017, 03:17 PM
Dino_Sj408

Default New member Question's For my 04 GT

Hello gets and ladies, I bought a 2004 GT Mustang, with 107xxx miles, with ano AOD transmission. I am having a some issues my with baby (car). Hopefully I don't get into trouble if I post the questions/concerns about my GT.
If I do get into trouble my apologies for it.
Concern 1: is that I have an aftermarket air intake, the code was throwing from the computer was P0113 which is a iat high in take curcit 1. So I cleaned the sensorsame which is the MAD AND Iat and installed into the intake and turned the motor it's now throwing a other code P0132 which is bank 1 02 sensor. Anyway to fix this problem.

Concern 2: my windshield wipers don't engage the motor for the spayed engages, I've tried to look for the diagram of the fuse under the hood and inside of the car under the steering column. I couldn't find the right diagrams for both of theses areas.

Concern 3: my power steering is crazy stiff you need to press the gas to steering wheel to turn then coming to a stop or making a turn,there's fluid in the resivor. There is no noise coming from the pump when I turn the wheel?
Old 01-23-2017, 03:44 PM
WhiteFoxGT
Resident Ford Troll

#1, IAT is usually an instant key on hard fault if there is a problem with it... I believe you probably fixed that if the code hasnt come back. the other code is most likely not related...02 sensor but you already knew that.

#2 so you have no wipers at all? but the washer fluid sprayers work?

#3 you PS pump probably took a dive, not uncommon on a mod motor.

heres you wiper diagram.. check fuses, then with the wipers on try accessing the motor and giving it a nice solid smack to see if the motor froze up. watch your fingers! If obviously that wont work its time to start checking powers and grounds

Old 01-23-2017, 03:56 PM
Dino_Sj408

@WhirwFoxGT
For the Question 2: the wipers don't engage only thewindow sprayer wirks I've looked at the main fuse box under the hood I see that I am missing to relays if there's four relays for the GT. Looked at the fuses under the steeringcolumn do I count the fuse til I hit fuse 26?

Question 1: cleaned and cleared the code of p0113 which is the IAT sensor and still came back and then the p0132 came up which is bank 1 02 oxygen sensor. How would I clear each ofor these codes
Question 3: so my pump should be replaced?
Old 01-23-2017, 10:15 PM
WhiteFoxGT
Resident Ford Troll

sounds like you are in over your head, you should probably take it somewhere
Old 01-24-2017, 01:50 PM
Camster
2nd Gear Member

Not every fuse receptacle is meant to have a fuse in it.Unlikely that someone would remove a fuse,but from my brief time on the forum reading about strange problems,I'm not surprised at the so called "improvements" or "mods" that get rendered upon the poor Mustang victims.
To determine the fuse number,look at the underside of the fuse compartment lid for it's corresponding location.