4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Bucks and stutters under WOT

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2017, 09:40 PM
Justin1997

Default Bucks and stutters under WOT

My 03 gt I picked up a couple weeks ago had a bad coil (according to seller) later I got a code which was the coil. So I've had to change two coils since then and had to change the intake manifold due to two cracks. I also went ahead and changed the spark plugs to just get that out of the way. After about 60% all the way to full throttle the car will buck and jerk as if it's missing. No codes are being thrown. Vacuum lines seem ok. Cleaned IAC valve today it's helped none. Also when revved the rpm's don't drop as fast as they should and the rpm will "hang" around 1200-1300 rpm and then drop to 750-800 which I assume is normal. Sorry for long lost I just really need help and don't have the money to keep buying things and guessing. Any help is appreciated!
Old 03-09-2017, 05:43 AM
Camster
2nd Gear Member

Just in case it's gas starved,or just as a good thing to do in any case,I'd go ahead and change out the gas filter,which is easy enough and low cost.
That step down on decel is normal imo.Mine has done it since new.
Old 03-09-2017, 10:22 AM
Justin1997

Originally Posted by Camster
Just in case it's gas starved,or just as a good thing to do in any case,I'd go ahead and change out the gas filter,which is easy enough and low cost.
That step down on decel is normal imo.Mine has done it since new.
i have just seen other people rpm drop way faster than mine. I will try the fuel filter and also try disconnecting the battery to reset everything. Thank you for the tip