4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Few questions/new to mustangs

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2005, 03:51 AM
rwilluweit

Default Few questions/new to mustangs

asdfa

Last edited by rwilluweit; 05-30-2009 at 03:08 AM.
Old 10-26-2005, 02:27 PM
xRockThePonyx
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Few questions/new to mustangs

I'm going to move this to the GT forum so your questions get answered.

I personally like black with silver stripes.
Old 10-26-2005, 02:56 PM
StickShifty
5th Gear Member

01 and up GTs have the hood scoop, i personally dont like it. and i believe only the 04 v6's had the hood scoops, or there an option in 04 for the 6's.

edit; o yea, vortech makes a good kit of the GT, you will gain around 90 hp or so. with just the kit.
Old 10-26-2005, 03:07 PM
ShadowDrake
5th Gear Member

Ahh the goold old 2am posts.

There ARE turbo kits around, Hellion Power Systems is one company that makes them... this is the most expensive way by far though ($6500+). ( http://www.hellionpowersystems.com ) You'll see more supercharged 'stangs than turbocharged because turbos tend to be more expensive, and both will produce more than enough power for the average street car. Turbos also aren't that much more maintence than a supercharger.

In the Mustang world you've got two major types of superchargers, centrifugal, and twin-screw.

Vortech, ProCharger, and I'm sure more make centrifugal supercharer kits for Mustangs... works just like a turbo, I'm fairly sure you're aware of these. They're mid-range in price ($3200-$4800? I'm not exactly sure, but this is close), and produce power at higher RPMs.

Kenne Bell and Whipple are the major manufacturers of twin screw blowers (get a Whipple if you can still find one, they re-sell through Saleen, very expensive). They produce good boost even at low RPMs (2000) making them better for the street driven Mustang. They have a great sound (in my mind), but the torque/power down low isn't so great for a track car unless you can hook well. These are higher in cost ($4800-$6000).

I'm more of a Kenne Bell advocate, I prefer them over centrifugal blowers but there are quite a few people around here who have Vortech kits and love them too... It's hard to go wrong with whatever you get.

The "Pipes, Juice, & Boost" section of the forums will have more than enough information on superchargers for you. I made a long post somewhere in there describing everything, I forgot what it was under though. Look around there for info about power adders though.

As for stripes, I can supply you an infinte number of pictures of my Mustang, I have the factory 40th anniversary stripes, but they can probably be extended to cover more. I personally love them because they don't go over everything. Black car, silver stripes. I would go with white but the silver looks just as nice, and matches my wheels.

Get in touch with me and I'd be glad to talk with you about mods and such.

My msn is in my user info, make it gmail.com instead for my e-mail.

Edit: Forgot to include info on the hood scoops. Mid 01 and up GTs have the hood scoop, before that, and sixers don't. However, V6's with the pony package have a scoop I do believe.