4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Knock Sensors

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2017, 09:08 AM
fastbackford351
Foghorn Leghorn

I don't think so. It's been about 3 years since it's had the 2V in it to compare it to but it isn't doggy at all and low end power is more than sufficient puttering around town.

If there is a low rpm 4v disadvantage compared to the 2v, it isn't so much that you'll feel it in your buttometer and once you take it above 3500 for the first time, you'll start throwing rocks at the 2v.
Old 11-26-2023, 11:25 PM
Mustangincalineedhelp

Default My 01 gt dont have knock sensors but the engine I installed does.what can I do about

Originally Posted by fastbackford351
I don't think so. It's been about 3 years since it's had the 2V in it to compare it to but it isn't doggy at all and low end power is more than sufficient puttering around town.

If there is a low rpm 4v disadvantage compared to the 2v, it isn't so much that you'll feel it in your buttometer and once you take it above 3500 for the first time, you'll start throwing rocks at the 2v.

got a ? I installed a new engine used. Into my 01 mustang gt.problem is the engine I installed has knock sensors the gt dont have the plug in for thef.what can i do without having to switch engines?