4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Glass Packs

Old 04-23-2003, 04:47 PM
tggnatsum79

Default Glass Packs

Ive got a 97 GT. Does anyone know anything about Cherry Bomb Glasspacks. Ive read a few things on it and now Im confused. Do they create too much back pressure, or lower it. I still have the 2 cats on the factory exhaust. It sounds ok to me.
Old 04-23-2003, 06:52 PM
MustangGTRocks
2nd Gear Member

Default Glass Packs

Dude just go buy a chevy if u want your car to sound like crap..... Glasspacks Blow!! Better yet a rice burner!
Old 04-23-2003, 08:42 PM
Huckleberry

Default Glass Packs

glass packs? you can't be serious...

of course after you install them you could get a chain steering wheel and matching license plate and paint flames on the hood. Don't forget to put you and your girlfriends names on the back window. It would be a good idea to jack the back of the car up a few inches also. Make sure you purchase offset wheels so they stick out really far.
Old 04-24-2003, 01:02 PM
tggnatsum79

Default Glass Packs

First of all to those who think that glasspacks are a bad thing, then why dont you give me some suggestions of what might be a better choice, than to dis me and my car. After all, we all drive mustangs is that not the important thing. Oh ya one more thought, I know a few people with TRUE MUSCLE CARS meaning 30 years old or more and twice the size 0f a 4.6 engine, and some of them use glasspacks. So whats so bad about them?
Old 04-24-2003, 11:06 PM
stanglover
2nd Gear Member

Default Glass Packs

Glasspacks just don't sound as good compared to aftermarket mufflers. l have the Flowmaster 2 chamber mufflers and they sound great. l haven't heard a Mustang with glasspacks before but l heard they make your car sound like an import.
Old 04-25-2003, 12:05 AM
MustangGTRocks
2nd Gear Member

Default Glass Packs

I was not dissing your car b/c you don't have the glasspacks on yet! And like stanglover said they do make stangs like a import. The only problem I have is that if you think that the only true muscle cars are over 30 years old why don't you just buy one? Sounds like thats what you like anyways. i'm not trying to dis you or your car!

Oh yeah, go with the flowmasters they sound great on stangs!
Old 04-25-2003, 02:36 AM
gearhead

Default Glass Packs

get MAC headers and highflow cats ....wus
Old 04-25-2003, 11:16 AM
tggnatsum79

Default Glass Packs

This is in reply to what MustangGTRocks had wrote. My whole goal is to beat the people with the "True Muscle Cars" because they think that because a 4.6 is a small engine that their 400 or 455 would stomp all over ANY Mustang on the road. (And cause they think fords are cra*.) I'm out to show them that old is not as good as new.
Old 04-25-2003, 12:00 PM
MustangGTRocks
2nd Gear Member

Default Glass Packs

Cool, thats how i feel about it and like i said i was not trying to talk about your car! keep me up to date on how bad you beat them!
Old 04-25-2003, 06:32 PM
Huckleberry

Default Glass Packs

I was just messing with you dude. Glasspacks are just a bad idea

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Glass Packs