4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Fuel not reaching injectors??? Out of ideas!!??fuel pump replaced!@

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2005, 10:12 PM
bearster18
2nd Gear Member

Default Fuel not reaching injectors??? Out of ideas!!??fuel pump replaced!@

Ok guys the other night my car died on me and I checked it out and found out there was no fuel coming into the engine well I hit the fuel pump reset button and that still didnt work. So I bought a new pump and filter and installed it and its still doing the same damn thing??? I have checked all my fuses all which are good. I ve checked all my connections and there all good. I tried reading for diagnostic codes with my SCT tuner and it gives me the message that it times out just like it did when I pulled the EEC fuse instead of the fuel pump fuse. The tuner acts like the EEC is malfunctioning? Could this be bad? if so how much do they cost and where can I get one? What else could be causing my problem? It acts as if there is no electric signals being sent to the fuel pump to activate it? I dont know what to do anymore guys can you please help me?? thanks....by the way this is a 98 GT
Old 11-02-2005, 10:25 PM
DrUnkEnMaStEr69
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Fuel not reaching injectors??? Out of ideas!!??fuel pump replaced!@

HOLY CRAP my 98 just broke down on me yesterday and its still in the shop, but it sounds liek the same problem!! Its definately somehting fuel related....my car has 43k miles on it btw...so wierd were both having similar problems on similar cars...
Old 11-02-2005, 11:02 PM
ShadowDrake
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Fuel not reaching injectors??? Out of ideas!!??fuel pump replaced!@

Get this, I'm having HUGE problems regarding fuel installing my nitrous kit right now.

The fuel lines on Mustangs SUCK! Sure they have to be good to high pressure levels... but they have to be one of the most poorly designed pieces of crap I have come across.

It's a rubber line with a plastic insert running all the way through, the plastic is well bonded to the rubber, inside of the plastic is another, small liner of plastic that is not attached to the other layer of plastic in any way. If this inner layer gets worn in any spot and folds over on itself it will tear in the direction of the fuel flow pulling more up and aventually causing a blockage.

My GT was having problems over 4000 RPM, its power was dropping off sharply... in second gear with the pedal to the floor it would not pass 4800 RPM... It was fine below 3500 RPM, and had almost the same amount of power it did before. Cut a section of fuel line out and it looks like black tape is jammed inside the line... it was plugged up so bad I was surprised it ran at all. Replaced it with a new section of fuel line and it pulls very hard now all the way up to redline... I try my first hit of nitrous tomorrow

So, your fuel line may be blocked by itself... imagine that.

I'll take some pictures after the fuel in the line I cut out dries up... I'll cut a section of it in half so you can see what it does.