4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Convertible question

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2005, 08:12 PM
5speed
2nd Gear Member

Default Convertible question

I just noticed that my passenger side door window will not fully seat in the convertible top. I have to go outside and push on it for it to seat. Is there an easy way to adjust this? I tried loosening the screws on the convertible top locking mechanisms, but that really did not seam to help. Any suggestions?
Old 11-03-2005, 09:05 PM
blackbetty01
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Convertible question

I have the same problem with my mustang except it is on the driver side. I think it is the window that has rattled loose, except the problem came and has not gotten any worse.
Old 11-03-2005, 09:54 PM
M1ke
4th Gear Member

im havin a hard time seeing your problem? can you take a picture?
Old 11-03-2005, 11:49 PM
fastsilverstang
3rd Gear Member

I had the same problem. When I was looking at the car at the dealership, I saw that my driver door window was catching on my convertible top and there was a big gape when closed. They told me that they would fix it for free for me. When they fixed it they had to replace the hole window because there is this little peace that holds the glass a certain way and when they took off my door panel they said the peace broke off of the window. They First tried gluing it but it just broke again. So they replaced my hole driver window. All fixed now!!!
Old 11-05-2005, 12:47 AM
blackbetty01
4th Gear Member

Did they mention how much the window cost? Someone broke my window once on my last car and I bought a window from a junk yard for 75, I think I would pay that to fix the problem, but much more than that and I am just going to deal with it. Betty is my baby though and I don't want her to suffer because I am too cheap to buy her a new window, I just think she would rather have those steeda pulleys we have had our eyes on!!!
ORIGINAL: fastsilverstang

I had the same problem. When I was looking at the car at the dealership, I saw that my driver door window was catching on my convertible top and there was a big gape when closed. They told me that they would fix it for free for me. When they fixed it they had to replace the hole window because there is this little peace that holds the glass a certain way and when they took off my door panel they said the peace broke off of the window. They First tried gluing it but it just broke again. So they replaced my hole driver window. All fixed now!!!