4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

02 gt vs vw vento vs rsx type s vs 97 bmw 328is

Old 11-03-2005, 11:53 PM
AmericanBred_4.6
1st Gear Member

Default 02 gt vs vw vento vs rsx type s vs 97 bmw 328is

ok so the whole thing is over who is going to win all of those cars are owned by each of my friends, there all saying that my mustang will get owned on a somewhat curvy road but they all know i will lay them out on a straight, but anyway my way of seeing it is that how much heavier can the damn stang be to not be able to keep up with all them.

there hp

vw (vr6)=175 <intake only>

rsx type-s=210 (and very little torque) <short shifter>

97 bmw 328is=190 <intake, exhaust and chip>

me (my stang)=230 and alot more torque <slp loudmouths, intake and short shift>

so was thinkin what are they talking about i know i could keep up with them right?? why wouldent i be able to
keep up, and they always say "you and your god damn domestic thing" im like wait and see what my domestic thing can do to your japenese thing (the rsx) hes the one who talks alot of **** so im itching to rip his *** apart[:@]

but the ? is what do you fellas think i mean you would all know better then me

so on a somewhat curvy road how do you think i would fare,
pretty good?

or not at all

we are all going to race soon and i wanna know what i should expect so i dont feel like a real tool at the end whether in the way front or the way back

thanks

josh~
Old 11-04-2005, 12:29 AM
LazrRd00GT
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: 02 gt vs vw vento vs rsx type s vs 97 bmw 328is

You might have trouble with the bmw and VW on curvy roads because they are german cars, its just a known fact that german cars handle better than any domestic car. The rsx, on the underhand, you can probobly hang with on curvy roads. On a straight away, their all done! It really just depends on the driver, not the car. A good driver could easily smoke all of your friends cars on any type of road. Just remember, brake before the turn, accelerate slightly into the turn and hit it coming out of the turn, works every time with a rear wheel drive car!

Good Luck!
Old 11-04-2005, 02:26 AM
Car_Ramrod
4th Gear Member

lol play some gran tourismo before you race to give you some heads up on how to take corners.

(j/k)
Old 11-04-2005, 08:40 AM
DIVER8374
4th Gear Member

You might have a chance as long as the raod is not too curvy and has a couple of short stright sections in it so you can catch up, and possibly pass them. Good luck and I really hope that you are not going to try this on the street someplace.
Old 11-04-2005, 09:09 AM
garygreen211
I ♥ Acer

Ok the road is curvy. Any of those schmucks Michale Schumacher? When you are taking a bend at 80 mph you must have some training, confidence in your tires, and some knowledge of the road. Have you ever seen COPS or world's most whildest police chases? Think a big *** Ford or Chevy chasing down imports, domestics, etc. They have training and they use it. Handling advantages are not exploited very often by the purps, that's because they are not trained. If you know your car 100% and you know the road you can beat any of them on a van for all I care.
Old 11-04-2005, 10:39 AM
AmericanBred_4.6
1st Gear Member

ok the road has its curves here and there there are about two straight aways in it that are a decent length

i think that my friend (nick) his bmw is going to be the reall challenge but idk my other friend leon with the vw is jsut fukin stupid and he will temp death jsut to win so idk im not trying to f*ck my car up so do i have a chance or should i jsut be like yea guys cant make it, the women insists that i go over her house tonight lol

yes it on normal road not closed oof or anything there is never anyone on this road really and deff no cops but w/e we all have valentine 1's (if that helps lol)

so you guys know that i would beat them on a straight away cuz we all drag on the air strip in easthamton soon also

a few ?

1}how much does my stang weight
2}would any wieght reduction help alot or not really
3}do stangs really suck on corners or is the beamer jsut alot better
4} how much hp do you think i got from my intake and exhaust like 10?? maybe
5}is there a certain way to drive the stang to get the most out of it
6}any tips on anything for me to win

thanks

Josh~

Old 11-04-2005, 11:41 AM
DIVER8374
4th Gear Member

You should go to BOB Bondurant School of driveing ( http://www.bondurant.com/pages/home.html ) so you can lean how to drive your stang to the limits and not kill yourself or anyone else, before trying to pull this off ( and I am not suggesting that you do it either way). Trying to road race on a regular street is just plain stupid. JMO you can do what you want but you said it yourself that your one friend is crazy and will push it to the limit just to win, and in this case he will mostlikely hut himself and probley someone else too!! I would suggest that you go over to your womans house tonight and just tell your friends that they are correct and will beat your stang, that way you will all live another day.

I will get off my high horse now, you can do what you want. the BMW will most likley beat you. Now go have fun!!!!!
Old 11-04-2005, 08:41 PM
garygreen211
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: AmericanBred_4.6

1. About 3400 lbs without your ****.
2. not really
3. A mustang is not tuned for handling, Cobra is, vette is, but not mustang.
4. Not much, on yours heads are the bottle neck.
5. You need a timing device, to start you all off. Counting from your vehicle will not work. Put someone on the road to throw a flag. When the light turns green hit it and stay on it, use traction control for the launch, then turn it off. Do not power shift into 2nd, power shift into 3rd and 4th. As you approach the corner start braking from your braking point (you know where is your braking point for that corner, right?), down shift with rev matching and heal toe. As you enter corner ease off the brake but not completely, you must apply brakes still going into the corner to keep that outside front planted, until just before the apex. Hold apex, just before exiting apex give it a little bit of gas (you should be turning about 3000 rpm out of apex), then ease off the gas but don't let it off, wait until you clear corner then apply gas but do not punch it. When applying gas out of the apex you might have to correct it a bit, so be ready. Power shift, then do the next corner. Every track will have its own secrets, you need practice to crack it. Go there alone and practice. Note your braking points, your line, your exit, the bumps on the track, the blind spots, maybe there is a different approach for the blind spots, practice.
6. Before the race, make sure you have your tires in top notch condition, bump up your tire pressure 2 psi over OEM. Make sure you have a full tank of gas, all junk removed from trunk and glove box. Buy a helmet, and most importantly a four point harness. Find a comfortable sitting position, you should sit straight and your wrist should reach and rest on the steering wheel. If you have OEM shifter then do not race, you will miss 3rd, get aftermarket short throw shifter. Get an alignment before racing, you should set your camber to -1 or more if you can. Practice shifting just before the rev limiter kicks in, whenever you have rev limiter kicking in you are loosing the race. Top point of your car is straight line acceleration, so you need to use it. Instead of braking late into the corner, go easy so you could make a faster exit and get more straight line speed.

Gary
Old 11-04-2005, 09:09 PM

ORIGINAL: LazrRd00GT

You might have trouble with the bmw and VW on curvy roads because they are german cars, its just a known fact that german cars handle better than any domestic car. The rsx, on the underhand, you can probobly hang with on curvy roads. On a straight away, their all done! It really just depends on the driver, not the car. A good driver could easily smoke all of your friends cars on any type of road. Just remember, brake before the turn, accelerate slightly into the turn and hit it coming out of the turn, works every time with a rear wheel drive car!

Good Luck!
RSX's are built to handle, and do it quite well. So don't sell it short so quickly.

Old 11-04-2005, 09:19 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

ORIGINAL: AmericanBred_4.6

ok the road has its curves here and there there are about two straight aways in it that are a decent length

i think that my friend (nick) his bmw is going to be the reall challenge but idk my other friend leon with the vw is jsut fukin stupid and he will temp death jsut to win so idk im not trying to f*ck my car up so do i have a chance or should i jsut be like yea guys cant make it, the women insists that i go over her house tonight lol

yes it on normal road not closed oof or anything there is never anyone on this road really and deff no cops but w/e we all have valentine 1's (if that helps lol)

so you guys know that i would beat them on a straight away cuz we all drag on the air strip in easthamton soon also

a few ?

thanks

Josh~
Weight reduction done right would help but not significantly. If you take weight off the wrong part of the car you will change its handling characteristics
Stangs are OK but if it's a bumpy turn, be careful, you're rearend will want to lose it
10 if you get a tune as well
Like someone else mentioned here, brake BEFORE the turn and use the gas on the way out. DOn't be afraid to push the car as it comes out of the corner. If it's a tight corner and you feather clutch as you exit, you can get a controlled slide (drift and have some fun)
stay focused and don't race where there is traffic!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 02 gt vs vw vento vs rsx type s vs 97 bmw 328is