4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

My car is broke again

Old 11-05-2005, 01:00 AM
mustangmike01
2nd Gear Member

Default My car is broke again

All right, here we go again. This time the car is revving at 2,200 rpm when I start it and stays there. I went up a hill with the clutch out and I did not give it any gas. The car started at 5mph and went to 20mph up a hill. It's like the throttle is stock open a little. I drove down the highway and it should rev at 1,800rpm but is stayed at 2,000 rpm. I had a problem with the car a month ago with in revving at 300rpm and I fixed it. the ICV spring was stock, so I bought a new one, and it was fine for weeks. Now it is doing this[:@][:@]

I'm getting really pissed off at my mustang[sm=shootshoot.gif]

I'm really starting to like my new 06 STI more and more.

Thanks, Mike

Old 11-05-2005, 03:41 AM
DreamKing
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: My car is broke again

ORIGINAL: mustangmike01

All right, here we go again. This time the car is revving at 2,200 rpm when I start it and stays there. I went up a hill with the clutch out and I did not give it any gas. The car started at 5mph and went to 20mph up a hill. It's like the throttle is stock open a little. I drove down the highway and it should rev at 1,800rpm but is stayed at 2,000 rpm. I had a problem with the car a month ago with in revving at 300rpm and I fixed it. the ICV spring was stock, so I bought a new one, and it was fine for weeks. Now it is doing this[:@][:@]

Thanks, Mike

I didn't even read the rest of your post, but 06 sti??? Noooooooooo!!!!!!!
Old 11-05-2005, 11:52 AM
mustangmike01
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: DreamKing

Thanks, Mike

Why did you not read the rest of my post? And what's wrong with my 06 STI?
Old 11-05-2005, 03:19 PM
code3GT
Mustang Nazi

Try a new TPS. ANd as far as the STI, I like the look of the '05 better.
Old 11-05-2005, 05:04 PM
DreamKing
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: DreamKing

Thanks, Mike

Why did you not read the rest of my post? And what's wrong with my 06 STI?
Okay, sorry, I just read it. I'd recommend that you first use some Seafoam to clean your engine. There might be something causing a valve or the throttle or who knows what to stick open, thus causing more air to come in when you don't want more air in there. If that doesn't work, I have no idea.

As far as the 06 STI goes, it's a very fast car and performs well, but... it looks like a KIA. Subaru has gone cheap! When I first saw the front bumper on it, I cried. It used to be my favorite daily-driver type of car. Now my vote goes to the Evo, which performs better anyway! :P

But it's still a very nice car... good choice.
Old 11-05-2005, 07:06 PM
PipsBlackStang
4th Gear Member

I like the look of the '05 better.
Old 11-06-2005, 08:10 PM
mustangmike01
2nd Gear Member

Why are all of you talking about my 06 STI[:@] Just playing with you. I'm starting to like the new front end but it need a front lip and needs to be dropped 1.5" Needs more power[sm=badbadbad.gif] The mods I have in mined should give around 300adhp. I'm not going mod crazing with the STI, I hope

I will check the TPS tomorrow. No dealers opened today. You where all right last time when you all told me it was my ICV. I hope you're all right now. I'll let you know.

Should it through a code?

Thanks, Mike

Here's the front lip.

[IMG]local://upfiles/15077/D2B42F9638F94C7788ACF5A7181DB4D1.jpg[/IMG]
Old 11-06-2005, 08:24 PM
fastsilverstang
3rd Gear Member

Why are all of you talking about my 06 STI[:@] Just playing with you. I'm starting to like the new front end but it need a front lip and needs to be dropped 1.5" Needs more power[sm=badbadbad.gif] The mods I have in mined should give around 300adhp. I'm not going mod crazing with the STI, I hope

I will check the TPS tomorrow. No dealers opened today. You where all right last time when you all told me it was my ICV. I hope you're all right now. I'll let you know.

Thanks, Mike

Here's the front lip.

[:'(]
2005 looks better

Old 11-06-2005, 08:36 PM
04BlueGT
5th Gear Member

I'd also check the IAC. If it's fouled, it could stick open or closed. Have you been running 93 octane?
Old 11-06-2005, 09:55 PM
ZW99GT
6th Gear Member

Thanks, Mike

Here's the front lip.

I love the STI!!!!!!!! Is it faster than your stang?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: My car is broke again