4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

s/c bov

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2005, 08:10 PM
00stang37
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: s/c bov

anyone have a clip of a supercharger with a BOV on it? looked quick online and i cant find any on a s/c theyre all on turbos
Old 11-07-2005, 10:30 PM
David_K
5th Gear Member

it will idle rough and youll run rich with a vented BOV. you need a tune to get rid of that problem. i actually fitted a BOV to the roots charger by cutting/welding the little valve on the back of the s/c
Old 11-07-2005, 10:36 PM
jdaniel
I ♥ Acer

Reguardless of what kind of blower you have, you will still need some type of bypass for closed throttle operations. My Kenne Bell has one and im sure the Eaton does also. Just because you arent on the gas doesnt mean the blower isnt spinning and trying to put air into the engine while operating off vacuum. Therefore, you have to have some sort of bypass. Some like atmospherical blowoff's and others like recirculation or a bypass valve.
Old 11-07-2005, 10:42 PM
David_K
5th Gear Member

oh danny dig this. the nose peice on the blower only had one bolt that was tight. the others didnt even read on my torque wrench. beaver really ****ed up on my car and i tore him a new on last saturday. i was about a hair away of throwing my hot coffee in his face quickly followed by a punch. give him just enough time to blink before he was hit
Old 11-07-2005, 11:56 PM
jdaniel
I ♥ Acer

So have you talked to that loser yet? What is he gonna do about all of it?
Old 11-08-2005, 12:09 AM
Voodoo
3rd Gear Member

You cannot vent the BOV into the atmosphere (I tried it because my afm powerpipe did not have a bung for the second BOV that runs after the cooler). With the Vortech aftercooler there is 2 BOV's, one before the cooler and one after. The air has to be recirculated. All the air is monitored by the mass airflow sensor and it will run like crap if you do. I even asked my tuner if I could run an oil breather instead of the hose that pulls the air from one valve cover through the block and he said you could but it's not the best idea because that air is also monitored and would be missed.
Old 11-08-2005, 12:16 AM
David_K
5th Gear Member

like i said get a tune and itll all be taken care of
Old 11-08-2005, 12:22 AM
David_K
5th Gear Member

to answer your question daniel. im gonna ask him one more time on saturday if he took off the nose come of the blower.( i already contacted jim and jim said that he had beaver remove it.) if he lies to me again hes gettin hit. bring your camera this would make a great video for the forums
Old 11-08-2005, 09:19 AM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

ORIGINAL: Voodoo

You cannot vent the BOV into the atmosphere (I tried it because my afm powerpipe did not have a bung for the second BOV that runs after the cooler). With the Vortech aftercooler there is 2 BOV's, one before the cooler and one after. The air has to be recirculated. All the air is monitored by the mass airflow sensor and it will run like crap if you do. I even asked my tuner if I could run an oil breather instead of the hose that pulls the air from one valve cover through the block and he said you could but it's not the best idea because that air is also monitored and would be missed.
is that just because you have the aftercooler or is that in general?

voodoo, if you had to do it over again, would you have still gotten the aftercooler or would you rather have gotten an intercooler? i've read that the aftercooler sux ***** once you get up to like 12psi or something. then again, this was stuff i've read on this forum, so i'm not going to fully believe it.
Old 11-08-2005, 03:46 PM
00stang37
2nd Gear Member

hey i love he sound of the BOV on a turbo. Would a BOV on a vortech sound about the same? thanks and does anyone have any sound clips of any?

Quick Reply: s/c bov