4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

realistic horsepower gains!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2005, 01:36 PM
roadking4life
1st Gear Member

Default RE: realistic horsepower gains!!!

Yeah, Gears are going to be installed soon (4.10's).I called Livernois Powersports and they told me 4.10's installed around $600.00.I know that includes ffrp gears,shims and I need to check again but i also think it includes new bearings (the labor out of the $600.00 was $300.00).In the mean time I just purchased some SLP LM1's and a BBK CAI yesterday.Before I get the gears installed I want to purchase some UDP's and a SCT XCal2 so hopefully they'll install the UDP's for no charge considering I'm spending some good loot in there store.Next question,I have an automatic and my buddy at work has a 2002 GT manual stock,once everything is installed will I be able to whip him or not??? He's a gear head but spends all his money on his Chevelle and we both work at Ford.I'm alway's talking friendly trash considering he brings his Chevy magazines to work.I know I don't have a chance against his Chevelle but I want to whip his Stang...
Old 11-08-2005, 01:44 PM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

if your buddy's stang is stock, then just the 4.10s alone would make him a dot in your mirror.
Old 11-08-2005, 01:51 PM
StickShifty
5th Gear Member

im predicting 10-15 rwhp more with the mods u listed.
Old 11-08-2005, 01:57 PM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

ORIGINAL: StickShiftyGT

im predicting 10-15 rwhp more with the mods u listed.
that's a little low prediction
Old 11-08-2005, 02:08 PM
dlazrael
5th Gear Member

Borla exhaust, headers to mid-pipe to catback :-p sounds great and doesnt drone much :-p
Old 11-08-2005, 02:15 PM
roadking4life
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: nanaki

if your buddy's stang is stock, then just the 4.10s alone would make him a dot in your mirror.
That's what i want to hear...
Old 11-08-2005, 02:20 PM
DIVER8374
4th Gear Member

This should give you a good idea with that auto what you are goint o be looking at. With all the mods listedn in my sig. I dynoed in at 243 RWHP, this was done in Aug. here in southwest Florida with 100% humidity. I am going to have my gears installed the end of this week or early next week and am going to have him throw it on the dyno again to see what it is now with cooler temp and lower humidity. So my guess would be that you would put down 230 or so the the weels. I will let ya know what my new dyno is when I do it.
Old 11-08-2005, 02:25 PM
xx9gt6xx
4th Gear Member

It's all about opinion. That's awesome if you like it, get it, the SLP is supposed to be one of the best performing cat-backs out there now. [sm=smiley20.gif] I just don't like the sound. I have a buddy with a 96 Cobra and a buddy with an 04 GT. Both have the SLP w/ O/R H's and the Cobra definatly has a better sound. They are both obnoctiously loud but I'll tell you what, even though the 4v has a deeper tone they both have a weed wacker sound at certain RPM's. [:@]
Whatever you guys like and want to do is cool, but I just don't like the SLP w/ O/R mid-pipes...

-Bryan

ORIGINAL: meebix

If I may add something to the post above...

I am looking into SLP LM's for my 00' Mustang GT.. I have hear soundclips and with an aftermarket mid-pipe, and some LT headers, the LM's sound orgasmic on a GT.

However, this would not be true for your case anyway, because you have a GT like myself, But I have heard the Cobra sounds stupid with LM's, therefore your friend made a mistake :-/

But with the GT, Try some searchs for LM sound clips, I think you'll like what you hear. I know I did.
Old 11-08-2005, 02:48 PM
roadking4life
1st Gear Member

The way I look at it is If I don't like the way they sound I can alway's sell them.I got that $299.00 welded resonator deal.I like em loud and I'm sticking with the stock H pipe for now.I just wanted something louder than stock so I can hear my car going down the road.Everything else was in the $400'ish range or more.Just got into my first argument with the wife about $$$ and gears but there again once I install the LM1'S will it be so loud I can't hear my wife yelling at me???If so,than they'll be worth every penny...Especially once the gears are installed the only way she'll know I have them is by the money missing from the bank account.I'll just sit in my car with the doors locked listening to my lm1's as she's yelling at me.LOL...
Old 11-08-2005, 02:58 PM
Dalthius
2nd Gear Member

I've got SLP Loudmouth Is w/ SLP catted X and SLP Headers. Dude, it's loud. Insanely loud. Some people think it's obnoxiously loud. They're old and whiney.

Seriously, though, I like the sound. I haven't gotten her on the road enough to truly appreciate the sound but I will hopefully in the next couple weeks. If anything, if it's too loud, I'll just switch to the LM IIs for a couple hundred bucks, no biggie.

Quick Reply: realistic horsepower gains!!!