4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

My First Ticket

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2005, 02:08 AM
fastsilverstang
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: My First Ticket

ORIGINAL: xx9gt6xx

Ticket for window tints eh? Welcome to my world, check mine out....

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member...5_104_full.jpg

20% Mirror all around...When I drove it everyday I used to get hassled every other weeks, racking up 2 tickets and countless amount of warnings...[sm=sigh.gif]

-Bryan

that is so cool! what do they call that?
Old 11-08-2005, 10:33 AM
nathansmith50
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: PipsBlackStang

DEAR GOD!!! Im usually not mean but WTF are you thinking???!!!!???!!!
if you hadn't said it i was going to. that looks terrible dude........absolutely awful.

but since it doesn't matter what we think.....rock on....you have the right attitude about it.
Old 11-08-2005, 12:48 PM
monkeydude3
6th Gear Member

well I used to own a 1994 ford explorer, and I got 2 speeding tickets in that. Then I got my 97 GT and got pulled over and got a warning... I got pulled over for an 'improper pass'.... some old fart decided to go 25 in a 40... so I passed him and the cop follows me for like two miles and then flips his lights on.... if that's not bull **** I don't know what is... ::sigh:: I live here in Downers Grove IL and as far as I'm concerned all our police wish they accomplished something during their day, all they are doing is making a monetary quota. Why take care of the real problems when you can score $75 on an explorer coasting down hill.... and technically if it's a mild speeding instance you are supposed to get the warning FIRST, especially with the perfect record that I HAD...

I could rant for hours. That's why I just drive normal until I'm out in the country

have a great one all

George
Old 11-08-2005, 02:37 PM
Car_Ramrod
4th Gear Member

yes it was one of the **** campus cops. i think legal in florida is 30% on the sides and 15 on the back. i have 15 all around. actually his gay "tint-o-meter" thing showed the windows as being 11% tint. whatever. my dad is pissed about the whole thing its kinda hilarious. he was just yelling about how they send kids there to ge an education and give them tickets for useless bull****. its great. i thought hed be pissed at me.

but yea...i was just turning off of campus...so he actually pulled me over off campus. so i might ask about some jurisdictional thing. i dunno. i actually have a law class tonite and will ask my teacher about it.
Old 11-08-2005, 03:08 PM
wwmost
5th Gear Member

my friend in his 97 gt got pulled over last week for his tint, his dad said if he gets it one more time he is gonna have to take it off. hear in nj you can have as dark as tine as you want on the back windows but up front and driver and passenger side doors cant have anything on them. i believe it was a 100 dollar ticket
Old 11-08-2005, 06:59 PM
M1ke
4th Gear Member

it looked as though we had it made here in GA before this summer. the original (i think) tint law was that you couldnt have anything lower than 32% but that didnt count commercial vehicles so someone called discrimintation and the law was gone so for a while we could have whatever we wanted. most people, including myself figured that if you got the tint when there was no law and then carried around the recipt saying when you got it done, that when they made a new one you couldnt get a ticket. theres something called ex post facto or grandfather clause where you cant be punished under a law that wasnt in effect when you did the said "crime". but no GA courts are gay and they did make it retroactive and you can get a ticket so if anyone tried this scheme im sorry for your money wasted (thats if you took it off).

just a story
Old 11-08-2005, 09:02 PM
antiv6
5th Gear Member

in ga if you get a ticket for windowtint all you have to do is peel it off and prove that you did and they will drop the ticket
Old 11-08-2005, 09:08 PM
00stang37
2nd Gear Member

i got pulled over in mine for the windows being to dark but that was in my old town and i knew the cop so he just told me to watch out cuz other cops will try to give me tickets for it. it seem like the small towns get you for it cuz theres nothing going on in them but the bigger cities they dont bother you cuz theu see it all the time and they know its not hurting anything
Old 11-08-2005, 10:47 PM
jchittick
3rd Gear Member

I actually asked a Memphis cop and he actually looked it up in his "book" (we were tailgating before a football game and he drove through the parking lot. My buddies and I were having this same argument, so we stopped him and asked him). Legal here is 15% dark tint and 35% mirror. He said that you would have to be doing something pretty shady to get pulled over for just your tint.

Any idea on what tint this is? I bought it like this.

Old 11-08-2005, 10:59 PM
MustangChris04
5th Gear Member

ewwww mirror tint! [:'(]

Quick Reply: My First Ticket