4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

SLP Loudmouth 2??

Old 11-14-2005, 06:18 PM
mustanggtnsc

Default SLP Loudmouth 2??

I was thinking about gettin this kit. If i do ill get the modular kit so i can swap out mufflers for the LM 1 resonators for special occasions(races, ect.). Has anyone used this exhuast that could tell me how it sounds and the power gains they or someone they know has gained. Thanks
Old 11-14-2005, 06:25 PM
xx9gt6xx
4th Gear Member

Default RE: SLP Loudmouth 2??

The power increase is extremley good!! My buddy has it on his 04 GT and he loves it. It sounds pretty good with the stock catted H or with an aftermarket catted system, but if you go with an o/r pipe it's obnoctiously loud and at certain RPM's it doesn't sound so good either. I'd recommend a catted X with that set up and you'll feel the power increase!!

-Bryan
Old 11-14-2005, 06:27 PM
mustanggtnsc

well i want somthin that sounds good at all RPM's!!! I dont wanna sound like everyone else around here (flowmaster)...so what kinda system gives great power increase and sounds good. I like the low agressive tone....
Old 11-14-2005, 06:38 PM
DILO2001GT
I ♥ Acer

nanaki's had both the I's and II's. hes got the II's on his car now.

i have the I's with an off road x on my car now. if you want sound clips of the lmI's with an off road X just PM me your email address and i'll send ya a few vids of me going down the track
Old 11-15-2005, 01:27 AM
red2k1gt
5th Gear Member

I have the II's on my car right now, get them and you WILL NOT be disappointed.
Old 11-15-2005, 01:39 AM
4ZZS
2nd Gear Member

After replacing the stock mufflers and pipes with an LMII catback system, my 0-60 times were about 5% faster. Therefore, there is a real performance difference.
I am very pleased with the head-turning sound they provide, but have recently been convinced that I should also replace the stock cats and H-pipe with a catted X-pipe. That should provide a little more speed and an even livelier growl. It's probably the "low aggressive tone..." you are looking for.
The LMII's have a very nice deep growl that apparently the catted X-pipe will only enhance, without getting too sharp or loud.
As you will read in all of these threads about exhaust, everyone loves the one they brought to the dance (the one they bought). I love my LMII's.

Nanaki has replied to may questions about exhaust and I have found his replies to be consistent and accurate. He's been there, done that, and actually seems to know what the heck he is talking about.
Good luck getting the growl you want!
Old 11-15-2005, 01:43 AM
mustanggtnsc

well is the LM2 kit pretty loud as well. i dont wanna go deaf or nething but i want a nice low and loud growl comin from my stang. thanks so far its been very helpful
Old 11-15-2005, 02:06 AM
robs400
2nd Gear Member

I baught the SLP I system this spring. THe system was easy to install because its the modular type however the stock stuff was not as easy to get out, unless you want to cut it but I wanted to save mine. The SLP I's were pretty loud, louder than any other regular 4.6 you would see on the street. I am not saying its the loudest, but when you got on it it sounded good. However the car did not feel faster to me at all. I took the car to the track when it was bone stock on a nice day and ran a best of 14.4 with it. I didnt get the chance to go to the track with just the exhaust, but I put an off road x pipe on late this summer and it ran a best of 14.05. The car is ridicuously loud....but thats what I wanted. The cops dont like it though, I have been pulled over twice since I put it on, once last night but no ticket because the cop thought it sounded good...but "highly illegal". The thing is though unless you are really on the gas, the car is more sluggish than the stock set up. I dont mind because it sounds crazy now, but around town its not quite as fun...but the sound more than makes up for it. I think someone mentioned earlier that it sounds bad at certain rpms....and it does, from 2-3 grand partway on the gas it gets really raspy, at wide open throttle though it sounds the same all the way through the rpms...its just your taste thats all, some people here hate it, and some people cant get enough of it.
Old 11-15-2005, 02:17 AM
Car_Ramrod
4th Gear Member

red2k1gt...ive seen the video sound clips that you made and i like the sound of your stang...what kind of midpipe do you have? and do you have headers? or would i expect that sound with my stock mid pipe?
Old 11-15-2005, 02:19 AM
4ZZS
2nd Gear Member

As robs400 says, the LMI's are loud and could get you in trouble, if you're not careful.
The LMII's may be a better choice, as they are very nice sounding when you want them to be (leadfoot), but you can be a good citizen and drive relatively quitely when you want (featherfoot).
Swap out the LMI's at the track.
robs400 says he didn't see much difference in performance (just sound). Everyone's before/after experience will be different. All I can tell you is that I gained 5% from stock. Maybe I had a tailwind!?!?!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: SLP Loudmouth 2??