4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

AT GT

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2005, 08:26 AM
DIVER8374
4th Gear Member

Default RE: AT GT

I used the predator tuner to firm up my shifts and also installed a Trans-go shift kit. I re-set the trans to stock settings before haveing the shift kit installed and WOW, the shift kit makes a big difference. I have now used the preadator to re-adjust the shift pressure and it shift really hard now. I will smoke the tires going from 1-2 and really chrip them from 2-3. (just got the 4.10's installed this week and love them!!!!) I would also suggest that you install a trans. cooler, this will keep the temp of the trans down and pro-long the life of it. The cost of the shift kit was around $85, trans cooler was $70. I know I spent around $700 for everything, that includes the install of the shift kit and trans cooler, and I replaced all the fluid with Royal Purple. I will be getting a stall convertor sometime next year but am not sure how big I am going to go yet, I am doing all the research I can before I buy.

I do know that there are a lot of people that have had problems with installing shift kits in our cars, But I have not had any problems as of yet and have had it in for 8 months and put 13k on it in that time. Do you research about the kits before you get one and read all that you can. In my opnion you can not go wrong with the Trans-go shift kit, I love mine!!!!