4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

tuneable inductions cold air intake

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2005, 01:45 AM
robs400
2nd Gear Member

Default tuneable inductions cold air intake

I am just looking to see if anyone out there has installed a "tuneable inductions" 2 bend set up on their N/A 99-04 GT stang. I have been emailing the guy at the website for a while now and he has told me that the 2 bend set up has one shoot outs against all the other big name CAI....any thoughts on this agreeing or disagreeing with this? He assured me there would be no interference with the piece that goes inside the fender during the installation. If you have any input please let me know, thanks.
Old 11-20-2005, 03:27 AM
01yellowgt
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: tuneable inductions cold air intake

I have the tuneable induction CAI. And have installed it with no problems. I have have had it in the down position with the 2nd bent, and also with out the bend so it points at the outside fender. If you get the pro-M 85mm MAS, you wont use the down position.
When you are putting it in, put the MAS on the first elbow, then just just stick it all together in the car, check the alignment. Then where the 2 elbows go together, just take the screws provided and secure the elbows together. You will not have any fitment issues
This is believe this is the best CAI Available in my opinion.

Old 11-20-2005, 03:37 AM
JoeyD
3rd Gear Member

Do they make one that doesnt go inside the fender?
I would like one outside of it (I have 04 GT)
also I heard they make them match the color of your car (I see you have that 01)
did you repaint it or something? in the pic on the table it looks ZINC YELLOW like it matched perfect.
then in the car it looks more Screaming Yellow or something.
Old 11-20-2005, 03:56 AM
robs400
2nd Gear Member

Did you notice any sort of gain with the intake though? Why would I not use the down position with the 85mm MAS. THe guy from tuneable inductions said that I could use my stock MAS with the two bend set up. I guess if you could just explain a little more what you said before that would help. Thanks.
Old 11-20-2005, 03:59 AM
01yellowgt
3rd Gear Member

tuneable induction doesnt made anything that does not go into the fender, for something that doesnt go inside the fender look at k&n fipk 2. Yeah they painted it for me to before shipping. Paint would have been totally correct if I would have had a better pic to send, but the pic I sent made my car look more of a screaming yellow because of lighting. Lighting wasn't something I thought about before I sent it, I was just ready to get it.

This is the pic i had sent
Old 11-20-2005, 04:33 AM
robs400
2nd Gear Member

Yellow, any gains with the intake? Could you explain the MAS you were talking about?
Old 11-20-2005, 04:59 AM
01yellowgt
3rd Gear Member

I felt some difference, you will also hear slight pssh sound when accererating. I not done any before/after dyno runs to do my own testing. probly about 10-15rwhp.
If you use the stock MAS you can use either position. I ordered a pro-M MAS from them after getting the tunableinduction and when they calibrate that MAS they just calibrate that for use the straight out position. They do this because it is easier to calibrate the aftermarket MAS. The stock MAS has the sensor dead center, the pro-M is more offcenter, and because of this makes it harder to calabrate, so the just dont calabrate it for the filter being in the down position.
Did the pro-M MAS add any hp, probly not at all.
Gains from intake will come from the CAI, and a throttle body, and plenum. The t/b and plenum will just make the pssh from the cai a little louder and some more gains. This combo is probly 20-25rwhp.
Old 11-20-2005, 05:19 AM
01yellowgt
3rd Gear Member

Also another big question about the filter being in the fender. Is how is it when the weather is bad and its rainy. I have not had a problem with the filter getting wet from water splashing up in either position. So its in a pretty good spot. Being in the fenderwell, is just as good as being in the engine bay in my opinion. And shouldn't be driving through deep water, or driving through a puddle fast anyway.
Old 11-20-2005, 03:15 PM
Hyper00
3rd Gear Member

I like the Tunable intake but the whole fender placement scares me. I have ruined 2 motors from cold air intakes. Granted they were hondas, but I really dont want that to happen to my stang.

Does anyone have any pictures of the actual placement inside the fender. Is there a splash guard between it and the tire? Or is it like most CAI's where you have to remove the splash guard and its place right at the apex of the tire's water splash.
Old 11-20-2005, 05:15 PM
M1ke
4th Gear Member

ok if you have a cai that told you to take off the splash gaurd.....you should've returned it. i mean its there for a reason and if you take that off and put the intake right where it should be, your just asking for problems. Normally, unless you submerge the filter into water, water wont be a problem but in that case if water is constantly being thrown at it, yes your engine would lockup, id be suprised if it didn't.

as for this tuneable intake, you will not have this problem and should not worry about water getting into the engine and seizing it. ive read around that this is the best intake out there and combined with a new tb and plenum, you can see gains around 25hp.

Quick Reply: tuneable inductions cold air intake