4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

What would you do first?

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2005, 04:06 PM
xx9gt6xx
4th Gear Member

Default What would you do first?

What would you do first?

* Eibach Pro Series Lowering Kit (1.5in Lowering Springs & Shocks/Struts To Accomidate Drop) = $500

* FRPP Aluminum Driveshaft = $250

* MAC LT Headers = $350

* Professional Tune/Handheld Programmer = $400-$500

Remember money is tight for me and I would like to get the cheap **** out of the way. But I'm taking a suspension class in the winter for which I would do all my suspension work. I'm torn... Help guys...
Old 11-24-2005, 04:15 PM
Silver_Stallion
1st Gear Member

Default RE: What would you do first?

If money's tight right now dont do anything, thats all i can say, if you need to replace something, you need to keep some for replacement, but if your gonna do those things anyway, just pick one, you gotta start somewhere
i would personally start with the performance chip
Old 11-24-2005, 04:19 PM
Dark_Horse
3rd Gear Member

LTs, you will see the most hp out of them. did you get your 4:10s installed yet?
Old 11-24-2005, 04:34 PM
JonBeast

I say go with the suspension.....because it will be fun for you to work on your car in that class. Plus....the drop will make your car look a lot better/agressive.
Old 11-24-2005, 05:52 PM
xx9gt6xx
4th Gear Member

Yeah I got them in Monday. I've only drivin it 2 days because snow just fell yesterday [:'(] But it has 100 miles on the gear and I love it. I would've been disappoitned with the 3:73 I think. I'm extremley happy with it.
ORIGINAL: Dark_Horse

LTs, you will see the most hp out of them. did you get your 4:10s installed yet?
Old 11-24-2005, 06:18 PM
racer02GTstang
5th Gear Member

yea, i would go either longtubes or the drop/shocks.... longtubes give a much better sound and more power, and the drop makes it so you can cut corners faster and it looks better.
Old 11-25-2005, 12:13 AM
04blkstang
1st Gear Member

Are you gettin these installed or doing them yourself?? i was qouted around 350-400 for the installation of the LT headers and do you have a shorty X or H to fit it?? If you can do all this in ur budget i would go with them, if not i would go with the tune since you would be doing the suspension in ur class you can wait for that, i have no idea what the +'s are of an alumminuim driveshaft, and the headers might be alittle too costly.

Good luck, CHris
Old 11-25-2005, 02:17 AM
meebix
4th Gear Member

Are you gettin these installed or doing them yourself?? i was qouted around 350-400 for the installation of the LT headers and do you have a shorty X or H to fit it??
Heh, man am I glad I know my local shop guy.. and hes a quick worker. I got quoted $170-260 for my FULL exhaust (LT's, X, and LM1's). That would be about 2-3 hours labor. I personally don't know how hes going to do the headers in 2 hours, but then again its probably possible and most people will probably charge 4 hrs for a 2 hr job.
Old 11-25-2005, 02:25 AM
04blkstang
1st Gear Member

I called around to about 3 shops, 2 were performance shops, Redline exhuast and performance in pittsburgh PA, is one of them and they all charged 400 for install of shorty headers but i guess its the same for the LT's. I finally called a meineke that is next to where i work and the guy I talked to has a stang. He looked in some book or something they have and it said 8 hours to install headers, 4 hours on each side. This was for shorty's but he said he would install them for 350 since i was qouted 400 to beat everyone elses price. I trust him the most because he is know with my friends of doing good work and he passes my friends emmisions and sh&t for $10 extra without cats. he said it wouldnt take 8 hours but no matter how long he would just charge a flat rate of 350 for the install. I wish I knew someone around pittsburgh PA to help out that can install headers, I would pay if its cheaper then any of these guyz cuz I am gettin Steeda UD pullies, BBK ceramic coated LT headers and the matching shorty o/r x-pipe for christmas. If anyone lives around and can install these i could pay if you give me a good price.

Thanx, Chris
Old 11-25-2005, 02:54 AM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

they'll probably charge you a bit more for LTs. i'd get those if you had the funds for it though. as stated, you'll probably actually feel the most difference from those.