4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Wax Attack

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2005, 09:14 PM
Voodoo
3rd Gear Member

Default Wax Attack

I was up at 6:00 this morning and got a bug up my a$$ because even though I waxed my car twice this summer since I got it in June I was completely dissatisfied with the finish. Like I said I got my car in June and the finish was rough and dull not to mention that silver cars don't look very shiny to start out with. I wonder if the car had ever been waxed at all before I got it. So I picked up that 3 step Deep Crystal stuff made by Meguiars. I worked my freaken *** off doing all three coats and I'm finally satisfied. Anybody else used this stuff.

This picture does not justify the shine by a long shot but I did take this after it was finished. It looks great and it's smoooth just like it's owner [:-].
Oh Yeah!
Old 11-26-2005, 09:28 PM
sprostang
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Wax Attack

Ive used it, its nice stuff. I have to say, anything from meguiars is awesome.
Old 11-26-2005, 10:12 PM
nathansmith50
4th Gear Member

looks good.....but i think the exact opposite about silver cars.....my ranger is silver and it looks clean despite having not seen a wash in a few months.

oh yeah and why do you have that V6 moulding on your door?
Old 11-26-2005, 10:28 PM
Voodoo
3rd Gear Member

I realy don't know why everyone always says that's V6 moulding cuz it came on this car from the factory. I thought about taking it off but I don't mind it at all. Makes the car look a little unique. I don't think it looks bad. Oh and silver cars do look better than a dark car when it gets a little dirty but they don't look at all as shiney.
Old 11-26-2005, 10:35 PM
blackbetty01
4th Gear Member

My Mustnag is black and when I clean it I think no other car looks as good, but I live in Fl and all it takes is a 10 minute drizzle and my car has a white film. I love Black cars, this is my 4th one, but I keep saying my next car won't be black, too much hassle.

Anyways, I am scheduled to get my car buffed soon, just can't keep it shining the way I want it too. Your car looks good though, maybe I should try that wax first.
Old 11-26-2005, 10:47 PM
Voodoo
3rd Gear Member

Ha I know what you mean cuz I have had a few black cars. They look great in the showroom but they look terrible when they get dirty. I actually have a black Durango now for the winter but it was my bosses and I jus got a killer deal so I wasn't worried about the color too much. I do wish it was lighter since I will probobly never wash the damn thing. It's a 99 with 150K miles that cost me $100 out of pocket and some Saturdays tax free. I'll never see a deal like that again.
Old 11-27-2005, 04:10 AM
ShadowDrake
5th Gear Member

Looks nice, but you only waxed twice since June? I washed and waxed my stang AT LEAST once weekly since I got it in June... that's a lot of waxing and washing... became my Saturday ritual, spend all day washing, glazing, and waxing.

The black looks super nice but it gets so dirty so easily... and I feel like I have to keep up the good image of the Mustang (after all, this is Chevy territory) and keep it sparkling clean.
Old 11-27-2005, 04:53 AM
Dan04COBRA
Super Moderator

I've waxed my Cobra once in 2 months.

Anyways, nice shine, it's hard to get a mirror finish on a Silver like that... Take the molding off! She'll look a lot better without it!
Old 11-27-2005, 07:11 AM
Voodoo
3rd Gear Member

I can't realy say I think it looks beter without it. I think it looks better with it to be honest and definetely better without a ding from some retard in a parking lot.

Old 11-27-2005, 10:53 AM
Voodoo
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ShadowDrake

Looks nice, but you only waxed twice since June? I washed and waxed my stang AT LEAST once weekly since I got it in June... that's a lot of waxing and washing... became my Saturday ritual, spend all day washing, glazing, and waxing.

The black looks super nice but it gets so dirty so easily... and I feel like I have to keep up the good image of the Mustang (after all, this is Chevy territory) and keep it sparkling clean.
Please you don't need to wax your car that often and I doubt you do a full wax job every week anyway unless you bring your car to bed with you too. For people with very high expectations Meguiars suggests you do it every two months. I can see using a quick wax spray just to shine it up though when you wash it. I don't even wash my car every week cuz I don't drive it in the rain on purpose. It's nice to have three cars.

Quick Reply: Wax Attack